• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

New 4wd adventure park to open shortly at The Bend Motorsport Park, Tailem Bend

As per the title, I heard on the radio yesterday that a new 4wd adventure park will be opening shortly at The Bend Motorsport Park, Tailem Bend.

Put your skills and your 4WD to a test at The Bend. Whether you're a novice or a pro - our 4WD Adventure Park has courses of varying difficulty and is sure to provide you with a fun experience. Get ready to conquer challenging terrains, push your limits, and create unforgettable memories. Book your off-road adventure today!

I just hope they will open it to general 4wders, and that it’s not just a dedicated 4wd competition or rally track.
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
  • MSF
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2009
    • Sydney, Northern Beaches

I heard (from someone that was there this weekend for the Racing) that there will be limited "general admission" days but I think they will end up restricting the usage to registered clubs / club members etc to make sure that groups of yobbos don't get in there and roll their trucks to see who can flex the most or jump the greatest distance etc..

Comment

• chillipepperz
      • Feb 2017
      • Adelaide

This place is amazing! I had the good fortune back in Feb 18 to tour the unfinished facility. We drove the tracks; albeit at 40KMH as a passenger in a large bus...the whole place is of an unimaginable scale.

The 4WD and rally tracks are out at the NW corner (Mallee Hwy end) of the block and look to have made good use of the quarry area out there. Obviously we didn't drive the 4WD track but saw some nicely constructed mounds that where pretty high/steep/rocky and some other gnarly features.
      2014 Challenger: Factory tow bar | Factory alloy bullbar | Kings LED’s | Window tint | Kumho Mt-51's | Munji EGR Delete | Provent 200 | Redarc Towpro | UHF in dash| Custom rear drawers and fridge slide | 130AH rear AGM battery | Aldi roof bars and Kings awning | Kings Springs KCFR55T front KCRR23 rear and Bilstein shocks. Soon: guards.

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

This motorsport facility will be world class and I think everyone will be blown away when they see it. Shannons Nationals is on there today (first major event) - keep an eye on "Speedweek" on SBS for the next few weeks to get a first look at it.

The owners (Shahin family, of "On The Run" servos, etc.) have invested $80m of their own money , with the government chipping in $10m. Their intention is to have something happening there almost every day of the year.

Their website www.thebend.com.au is worth a look. They mention some access is included in an annual membership, but unsure of other means of accessing the 4WD track. It is intended to be used for driver training days, corporate drive days, etc. I think more info will appear shortly. The 100 room on site Rydges hotel opened on Thursday, so I think this faciility will host some very interesting 4WD product launches. There will also be cabins & camping facilities for us mere mortals!

The site is a full re-development of the former Mitsubishi Proving Ground Test Track, so Pajeros, Challys, Tritons, etc. should feel right at home!
        Last edited by spot01; 15-04-18, 10:42 AM.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• ilikeachallenge
          • Feb 2017
          • victoria

Originally posted by MSF View Post
          I heard (from someone that was there this weekend for the Racing) that there will be limited "general admission" days but I think they will end up restricting the usage to registered clubs / club members etc to make sure that groups of yobbos don't get in there and roll their trucks to see who can flex the most or jump the greatest distance etc..
          Yeah you already have Lovedays 4x4 park for this.....
          2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X