• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reciprovac
    • Jan 2011
    • broadford Victoria, Australia

fitting flashlube filter

After fitting my Flashlube 30 micron fuel filter I spent the afternoon pumping the original filter priming pump to no avail.
    If you are intending to fit one of these fill the filter and bowl with Diesel before fitting,this is the only way to get fuel through as the original pump just cannot remove the trapped air easily.
    Plenty on the Web say the pump will, but this has not been my experience,if I bought again I would buy the flashlube with its own priming pump.
    Regards
    2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
    Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Oil or fuel..I always fill the filter before fitting...just to avoid issues that found. Your never too old to learn.

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Fotus
      • Dec 2016
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by reciprovac View Post
      After fitting my Flashlube 30 micron fuel filter I spent the afternoon pumping the original filter priming pump to no avail.
      If you are intending to fit one of these fill the filter and bowl with Diesel before fitting,this is the only way to get fuel through as the original pump just cannot remove the trapped air easily.
      Plenty on the Web say the pump will, but this has not been my experience,if I bought again I would buy the flashlube with its own priming pump.
      Regards
      Did you open the bleed screw on the new filter then pump , once you see diesel tighten .

Comment

• reciprovac
        • Jan 2011
        • broadford Victoria, Australia

flashlube priming

Originally posted by Fotus View Post
        Did you open the bleed screw on the new filter then pump , once you see diesel tighten .
        If you do that you suck in air as the flashlube in standard form has no pump.
        2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
        Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.

Comment

• erad
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Cooma NSW

I fitted a Donaldson filter kit to my NW. The kit mounting had a plug (provision to install a manual pump) but the gasket on it was leaking slightly.I could start the engine no problems, but overnight I would have to reprime the system again. I tried for days to make it work but eventually gave up and took it to a mechanic. He eventually took the filter off and using a vacuum pump, found the leak. So you probably have an air leak in the system. Check the priming plug if it has one. Look thoroughly at the gasket. Also the filter gasket - is it clean? Lightly grease it or smear diesel on the seal to seal it properly. Check your hose connections too - I finished up using 2 hose clamps on each connection.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X