• Show
Clear All
  • green monster
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Adelaide

cams Paj build up

Hi all ,
    I figured i should start posting up some pictures and more info on some of the modifications i am doing, in preperation for my family's upcoming (im so dam excited about this) 9 month trip around NT Queensland and NSW, leaving on June 1
    here goes,
    The Paj is already fairly well set up but there is still a lot to do,
    I have just ordered some Dobinsons 41mm foam cells for the rear paired up with a set of Poly-airs to help out my 2" HD Kings ( with 40mm urethane spacers) which i will fit next week.
    Also i am currently building up a new alloy roofrack to hold ,,, stuff.
    still need to build 2 drawers to finish the rear storage, and full exhaust job.
    Got heaps of stuff to do to the Jayco swan OB , battery ,A/C, gerry can ,bbq point,tregg hitch, stereo, removal of the bloody useless 'setek' unit!,LED's ,,,,,
    etc etc ,, pics will follow,,
    Today i installed some LED's in the rear as my old light had shit itself ?, baught a metre of strip light with '3M' tape on the back , basically you trim it and solder on some wires, i ran some cable through the roof / rear door up to high level brake light and stuck the lights on the trim,
    its very bright and can be switched of via the normal rear switch, although i might fit a seperate switch if they prove to be annoying,

cam
    Attached Files
    Last edited by green monster; 03-03-10, 09:33 PM.
    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax
  • sinbad
    • Aug 2007
    • Adelaide

Looking good Cam, i see you still have the wheelie bin scars
    The rear storage looks good.
    NP 03 Exceed. 3.5l petrol. Injected LPG. 2in lift, Poly air at rear, custom rear storage, 10 wheeels, 5 tyres looking for some new tyres,

Comment

• Pete
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Mornington Peninsula, Vic

LOL. I have a scar in exactly the same place from a wheelie bin - will take a pic tonight

Comment

• green monster
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • Adelaide

MSA seat tidy's

just baught a couple of these to help the kiddies organise the mountain of crap that they bring along for the drive, so far they are working well and seem to be very well made quality canvas strong stitching with alloy rods to support the sides,
        Also picked up my poly-airs and Dobinsons shocks yesterday so hopefully will be installed next weekend, Also i am still modifying my storage to incorporate 2x 55a/h deep cycle batteries to run the fridge/compressor/inverter etc,
        No word on the roofrack as its still being bent up but the new bashplate is ready to be picked up .
        I havnt even touched the camper yet and with only 9 weeks to go im getting a little tense
        As usuall this forum has been the ever faithful guide to almost everything i do to the Paj ,but i have been having trouble locating the 'how to' someone did a while back on the air bags??? anybody know where it went???
        cheers cam
        Attached Files
        NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• geopaj
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Adelaide

You lucky bugger. If you need someone to carry your bags let me know
          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• sinbad
            • Aug 2007
            • Adelaide

hi cam try dean he fitted his himself he might be able to give you some pointers.
            TJM are fitting mine next week monday (show special) so will be intreasted in how they go.
            NP 03 Exceed. 3.5l petrol. Injected LPG. 2in lift, Poly air at rear, custom rear storage, 10 wheeels, 5 tyres looking for some new tyres,

Comment

• glsgls
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2007

hi cam i like the, L E D S on the back door where did you get them ,and if you get stuck with the poly airs give me a call, and after talking to you when you picked up the jack we now are going for a 3 month drive around oz leaving end of april heading north on the dirt thanks Rob

Comment

• green monster
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • Adelaide

hey Justin,,,you are welcome to come alomg as i still havnt welded up my 2nd gas bottle holder!!do you have room for it??
                also Terry if i dont manage to fit them this weekend could i come over and check yours out? would be good to have a sticky beak as im a bit worried about the spacers !!,
                and Rob i baught the LED's from the 12volt shop for $40 for a 1M length but i reckon you could get them on ebay for a pantsload less !!, they are one of the best mods yet,,,tons of light and they look pretty trick too!! plus really easy to install (apart from the solder work),,
                gotta go and update my shopping list,,,, awesome,,
                cheers boys,,,cam

Comment

• sinbad
                  • Aug 2007
                  • Adelaide

hi cam
                  no probs come and have a look they get fitted monday, hopefully you should be abe to slide under the back after there fitted .
                  Bring your paj as well, i'm intreaseted in looking at what you have done with the lights in the back window

Comment

• green monster
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • Adelaide

cheers Terry, could you PM me you phone number !!
                    cam

Comment

• green monster
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • Adelaide

never mind i just did them,,, couldn't look at them sitting on the bench any longer, speaking of which i seem to have gained about 1" of extra lift ?? not sure if the schockers have contributed to this (dont reckon they could) or if my springs need to settle back down, but even after a drive around the block hitting every bump i still have massive lift in the rear , and the funny thing is i havnt even plumbed the bags up fully yet so they are empty!!!
                      any ideas??
                      the 2nd pic is not really to show the suspension but more the reason to show the need for more height in the rear,, my gas tank cover is trashed brilliant
                      3rd pic shows the extra lift !!???

For the record i will never install airbags myself again!!!! shockers yes ,,airbags NO ,,,MONSTROUS PAIN IN THE BATTY CREASE
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by green monster; 28-03-10, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• sinbad
                        • Aug 2007
                        • Adelaide

By the looks of the second picture it looks like you tried to make more clearance with a sledge hammer
                        Just got back from perth and getting mine fitted on Monday $150 fitted at TJM, so by the sounds of it $150 well spent

Getting excited to have the extra clearance, I will be getting new shockers soon, so i will check the hight before and after so i can compare. Off to Walleroo for easter so might be able to check them out

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                          never mind i just did them,,, couldn't look at them sitting on the bench any longer, speaking of which i seem to have gained about 1" of extra lift ?? not sure if the schockers have contributed to this (dont reckon they could) or if my springs need to settle back down, but even after a drive around the block hitting every bump i still have massive lift in the rear , and the funny thing is i havnt even plumbed the bags up fully yet so they are empty!!!
                          any ideas??
                          For the record i will never install airbags myself again!!!! shockers yes ,,airbags NO ,,,MONSTROUS PAIN IN THE BATTY CREASE
                          Looking the goods there Cam. What was the issues with the airbag install? Apart from drilling the 11mm hole (an extra 10 mins/side) mine were quite straightforward. As for the lift, are you going to post some dimensions for us?

Shane.
                          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Ranger J
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                            or if my springs need to settle back down,
                            That would be my guess as to why you have the extra lift - it can take some time for the springs to settle.
                            NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• green monster
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2008
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                              Looking the goods there Cam. What was the issues with the airbag install? Apart from drilling the 11mm hole (an extra 10 mins/side) mine were quite straightforward. As for the lift, are you going to post some dimensions for us?

Shane.
                              dimensions,,, from the top of the rim to the gaurd 430mm, and my springs have settled a bit more now.thanks to the air bags its now level too,, used to be 10mm out!!

Problem was with my 40mm nolathane spacers,and the extra rubber spacers for the bags, very hard to juggle all the bits together hold them in place and use that useless little MM bottle jack to squeeze the whole lot back in,,,also i was trying to 'hide' the hoses inside my chassis,,not easy ended up just running them along the gas lines,
                              Plumbed them up today and found the ride to be much firmer when at 25psi , dropped them to 15 and the ride is perfect when empty
                              was also impressed with the lack of rear end body roll on corners,
                              Money well spent

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X