• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grungle1
    • Jun 2011
    • Warwick

A bit of a 4WD track

Just thought I would share this, there is a National Park track near Springwood (west on the M4 towards Katoomba), it's a short track that is fairly easy. I was pretty impressed with the way my Pajero handled it. Mine is a completely stock standard NL with original suspension and cheap tyres and I got up a few things that I didn't think I would. I have a few pics attached.

I have heard that then NL 1999 came from the factory with a lift, not sure about this one?
    Attached Files
    2007 NS Exceed 2" lift (Oztec/Kings), MCC Falcon bar, Kings 9" Spotties, Uniden UH6060 UHF
  • kevbhoy
    • Apr 2012
    • werribee vic

gls models came with body lift . and 16s

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by kevbhoy View Post
      gls models came with body lift . and 16s
      I thought all the later gen2s were fitted with the extra body-lift to fit the larger 3.5L engine & gearbox.

Couldn't help noticing the gauges in the rock in pics #4 & 5, where drivers haven't judged it so well!
      Which direction from the station is this track/fire-trail located?

Steve
      Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
      "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• LordMayhem
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Brissy QLD

all gen 2's with the 3.5L V6 or 2.8L TD run about a 1.5 inch body lift to clear the bigger transmission they run
        94 NJ 3L Auto Stocker

Comment

• TC.Barky
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2011
          • Melbourne

Nice pics
          MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
          Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Grungle1
            • Jun 2011
            • Warwick

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
            I thought all the later gen2s were fitted with the extra body-lift to fit the larger 3.5L engine & gearbox.

Couldn't help noticing the gauges in the rock in pics #4 & 5, where drivers haven't judged it so well!
            Which direction from the station is this track/fire-trail located?

Steve
            Mate Google maps link attached http://maps.google.com.au/maps/place...OIbmmAXI-fmeBg

And I got the info from this site http://www.4x4earth.com.au/

It says Greens Rd, Springwood on the site but I had to put Warrimoo in my GPS (Tomtom) to find it
            2007 NS Exceed 2" lift (Oztec/Kings), MCC Falcon bar, Kings 9" Spotties, Uniden UH6060 UHF

Comment

• bigfella78
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2010
              • Mandurah, WA

The NL GLS's are such a sweet looking truck.. I'm so glad I got one..

I recently did the powerlines track here in perth and was very proud of how mine went.. I even got permission from the minister for war and finance to get a airlocker..

Grungle1: now comes the mods.. lol
              2018 NX GLS, Munji DPF delete, MCC 808-02 Phoenix Bar, ARB Awning.

GONE but not forgotten - 1998 NL GLS, ARB Bull bar, GME UHF, Rhino Rack roof cage, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Mickey Thompson ATZ, Long range tank, Snorkel & Rallye 2000 Driving lights.

Comment

• Emu
                • Jun 2011
                • Lake Eildon

Yep, good looking truck.

I took the NJ offroad yesterday and climbed the most amazing mountain. I thought for sure it wouldn't make it... great truck.
                NJ Escape GLX, 3.5 DOHC
                Alloy bullbar, Narva spotties, GME-TX3500 UHF
                NL GLS seats and centre console
                JVC stereo, alpine fronts, pioneer 6x9 rears
                Moon roof

Comment

• NTpadge
                  • Oct 2011
                  • Northern territory

I took my NJ out to Elizabeth river NT... Ended up driving into black mud swamps accidentally, I made it about 600 meters through but just before I got to a hard dirt island I dropped into a hole made by the previous 4x4 trying to get out. Naturally the Rutts where filled with water so I couldn't judge the depth of them. I completely bottomed out. I could literally turn my wheels with my hands.
                  My truck is lifted with 32x11.5 maxis bighorns!
                  damn you hilux surf DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLL

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X