• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cows
    • Feb 2008
    • Townsville

Replaced battery tray

Hi from a long time lurker

I have just replaced my cracked battery tray and when I reconnected the battery I had the normal ASC light after starting , but also had indications that all doors were open.

I also then noticed that the blinkers, key fob does not work to unlock /lock doors, side mirror fold does not work, interior lights and rear wiper all do not work.

I have checked the hazard fuse and all associated fuses including the two fuses in the yellow Install On Delivery block with no blown fuses.

I then thought it may be the Ultra Gauge being connected during battery reconnection so then disconnected the battery again and pulled the Ultra Gauge from the OBD port.

With the same result of blinkers, doors, wing mirrors, interior lights and rear wiper not working.

As it is now definitely to late and dark and too many hours going round in circles to think of reasons why I have this problem.

I thought I would put the question here has anyone else had this problem and could they point me I the right direction to get this fixed.

Kind regards

Cows
    Last edited by cows; 18-08-19, 08:54 AM. Reason: Amend title
    2011 NT GLS Auto
    Gone 96 NJ GLS miss it already
  • cows
    • Feb 2008
    • Townsville

Getting a bit frustrated now

Come on fellas

Someone must have something to have look at for this or at least have something to say about the ECU that controls the affected systems.

Cheers

Cows
    2011 NT GLS Auto

Comment

• dundee10
      • Aug 2011
      • Secret Harbour, WA

Try driving the car for about 1/2 kilometer this should get rid of the ASC light as it needs to reset so maybe it will do the same to the rest of the things that are playing up, good luck.
      Pajero NT Active DiD, MMC Stainless Steel Bull Bar, 9.500lb Winch, Overlander Roof Rack, Hella 4000 Spotlights, Uniden UH7760NB Radio.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Looking at circuit diagrams available here: http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...9/index_M1.htm

Fuse 18 in the Relay Box (I presume that's the one under the bonnet) appears common to all of those systems (and lots of other systems that you haven't listed). Fuse 15 (in the Relay Box) is also common to many of them, which is an ignition switched source.

Did you physically pull these fuses and check them for continuity with a multimeter?
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• cows
          • Feb 2008
          • Townsville

Dundee11
          Sorry I failed to write that I had already driven the car and got rid of the ACS light.

It was only when I pulled in the driveway that I noticed the door open indicators and then the rest of the problems.

NJSWB
          Thanks for the link I already have that and have been looking at the circuit diagrams.

I have already pulled all fuses and checked with a multimeter with all fuses being good.

Progress so far today is I have the dash pulled apart and have pulled the ETAC ECU, checked the board all looks good.

You would think when the car is running that you would get a CEL for time out of the ECU if it was mal-functioning?

From reading the manual a MUTT would make the fault finding easy.

Any thoughts or further ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Cows
          2011 NT GLS Auto

Comment

• flyboy
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2017
            • SA

I’ve seen fuses that look and test okay once removed but which when inserted don’t have continuity.

Personally, I’d buy a bunch of fuses and physically replace each one (one at a time) and work my way through every fuse (and any fusible links) and see if that makes a difference.

Have you installed any LED globes anywhere recently?

Next thing would to be check all the earths near the battery.

Have you removed the newly installed battery tray and checked underneath to see if any looms etc got caught up underneath? I’d do this and retrace all my steps backwards methodically.

ETACS are known to die on gen 4 Pajeros, but would be a pretty big coincidence to have happened at the same time unless a connector has been shorted or there has been some sort of surge. This would be the last place to consider. ETACS ECUs are not available from dealers from what I’ve read, so you’ll need to obtain one secondhand from a wreckers and they aren’t cheap. I wouldn’t replace this until having it professionally diagnosed as faulty and trying all other possibilities.

Comment

• Keithyv
              Valued Member
              • May 2018
              • Perth

Cows, what is the current state of issues then, just blinkers, doors, wing mirrors, interior lights and rear wiper not working but no ASC light?
              2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
              MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• cows
                • Feb 2008
                • Townsville

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                Cows, what is the current state of issues then, just blinkers, doors, wing mirrors, interior lights and rear wiper not working but no ASC light?
                Hi Kiethy

Yes that what I have at the moment.

Flyboy
                Thanks for the input

Today I have removed the battery tray and confirmed no damaged wiring, have also checked silly things like all blinkers bulbs and all interior festoon bulbs there aren’t any blown.

I have also done some resistance checks of ETACS connector terminal and body earth as per the manual

It’s looking like I need a MUTT to do much troubleshooting as I think it’s looking like replacing the ETACS is getting to be the answer

Cows
                2011 NT GLS Auto

Comment

• cows
                  • Feb 2008
                  • Townsville

Well to close this thread.

Took the Pajero to the dealer, yes as thought the ETAC was faulty.
                  They could not put any light on the what and why, just that the can bus was not getting signals from the ETACS

A new unit was fitted, they stated that they have had problems with second hand ETACS, when fitted not excepting the new setup.

So at that stage I was over it and just went with the new ETACS, all fixed and everything working as normal.

Cheer

Cows
                  2011 NT GLS Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X