• Show
Clear All
  • Paj People 2009
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

DID Fuel Consumption Figures

Hi everone,

Went for a run today down to Tweed Heads. Going down the M1, on a straight section, the fuel consumption registered 8.5L per 100km, going at 110km per hour. Wow, that's good! Admittedly, there may have been a slight tailwind behind us, but pretty happy with how miserly on juice these new DID Pajeros are.

How are your fuel figures, guys?

Will be amazing with the van on, in comparison with our old petrol V6.

Cheers,
    Sally
    SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575
  • huggy1956
    • Nov 2009
    • adelaide

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
    Hi everone,

Went for a run today down to Tweed Heads. Going down the M1, on a straight section, the fuel consumption registered 8.5L per 100km, going at 110km per hour. Wow, that's good! Admittedly, there may have been a slight tailwind behind us, but pretty happy with how miserly on juice these new DID Pajeros are.

Cheers,
    Sally
    Hi Sally,
    Took the Black Platinum for a run up to the Barossa Valley today. Alot of stop/start stuff. I was right on 10L per hundred km. Before I left home I spent half an hour in the car with the motor running learning the ins and outs of the communication centre.
    Sally have you managed to pair your mobile to the comm centre yet?

Comment

• Paj People 2009
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi Huggy,

Yep, have got the phone connected to the Bluetooth. The dealer actually did both our phones. Looked fairly easy. Go into phones and make sure your phone has the bluetooth switched on. It then pairs them and gives you a number (code) to input into the MMCS. I was sitting at the back so didn't really notice all the steps, - sorry! Any dramas, get the dealer to do it. They do it in a few seconds!

You just want to keep driving, don't you? !! It hardly seems to ever go over 10 litres much on a long road.

Cheers,
      Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Comment

Getting approx 9.3 on HWY
        and 10-13ltr per hundred in city

Love it !
        Actual quoted fuel figures are correct..
        Much better than my old Terracan. Hyundai said 13ltr per hundred city.
        And I used to pull 19-24ltrs per hundred kms

Comment

• longy
          • Oct 2009
          • ACT

Hi Sally,

From Canberra to Syndey (2 adult and 3 kids), we got 8.2 ltr per 100km, but on the trip back (3 adult and 3 kids + more luggage) it was in the high 9s.

Around town, I get between 10 to 10.5s, but do remember, Canberra has plenty of 80km roads rather then heaps of 60km and lights.

Regards,
          Long

Comment

• Moriarty
            • Dec 2007
            • Toowoomba

Hi everone,

Went for a run today down to Tweed Heads. .......

Cheers,
            Sally
            Picked up my new GLS yesterday and took the caravan down to Pottsville from Toowoomba today. The round trip average was 12.8 l/100km. The trip computer showed 16.5 on the way down (including several stops with the motor running for the a/c) - hard to say for the trip back running light without the van but il would have been less than 8.

General impression - Awesome - pulled our 24' 2500kg van beautifully..

Comment

• FamilyMan
              • Oct 2009

Mine's a manual, and I only have 1000ks on it. At the fist fill, it had averaged 8.5l/100 over 800ks. (68l) This was mostly city, but 300km open road, with some hills up over Sunshine coast hinterland. Around town with A/C on, generally get between 9 and 13, depending on the trip. But the one that really amazes me is running around town after dark, so no A/C, or A/C not working hard and with little traffic. Two different trips of about 20km across town, and I have come in around 6.6l/100km. It is still getting better, and I'm not sure if it is getting better, or I'm just getting smoother in the game of beating the consumption.
              Very happy.

Comment

• paulisok
                • Oct 2009
                • Brisbane North Side

your right about it being a game, I play the game everytime I drive, I seem to average just under 11 with peak hour to and from work, so I am pretty happy with that, I used to love my 380 that I traded in on the Pajero and am not bagging it as it was the best 6 cyl family car I have ever had but it used to get 13 - 14 doing this same trip. love that car.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
                They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Originally posted by Moriarty View Post
                  Picked up my new GLS yesterday and took the caravan down to Pottsville from Toowoomba today. The round trip average was 12.8 l/100km. The trip computer showed 16.5 on the way down (including several stops with the motor running for the a/c) - hard to say for the trip back running light without the van but il would have been less than 8.

General impression - Awesome - pulled our 24' 2500kg van beautifully..
                  Hi Moriarty,

Great to hear re the van. Yes, we can't wait to tow ours on a trip somewhere. Did you have the 1500kms up before you towed the van or did you just go for it? They keep telling us to wait for that first free service. Anyway, it's encouraging to hear all the feedback re towing. We also tow a 19 foot boat, which is actually heavier than our van. So both will be a good test!

Enjoy your Paj!

Sally

Comment

• Macvin
                    • Aug 2007

Hi Paj...
                    I have done over 50k at an average of just on 10.1/100. This includes a bit of offroad 4x4 on the beach etc. Not too shabby at all.

Comment

• Moriarty
                      • Dec 2007
                      • Toowoomba

Hi Moriarty,

Did you have the 1500kms up before you towed the van or did you just go for it?

Sally
                      We didn't have that luxury... I was as gentle as its possible to be towing 2500kg on the M1 but we had a commitment to have the van in Pottsville for some people so I decided to go anyway. After the fire wrote our NP off the dealer here in Toowoomba pulled one out of the hat and got it down from Townsville, then got Towbar and Elec Brakes + Anderson plug fitted, ready for us to pick up in 6 working days. Then when I found that there was a fault with the Trailer wiring harness, the service manager got the fitter in and opened the workshop at 7pm on Sat night to put it right so we could tow on Sunday. But then I've always had my cars services by them in Twmba or Dalby.

And yes - we will enjoy it. Its our 4th Pajero (NC, NL, NP, NT) and my 8th Mitsu... Not that I start out that way when I start to shop - it just works out that way nearly every time for our needs and budget on the day.

Mrs Moriaty's complaint today was that a Police car followed her the whole way to work and she couldn't sees 'how it goes'. And I thought my son with the RX7 was a worry

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Originally posted by Moriarty View Post
                        We didn't have that luxury... I was as gentle as its possible to be towing 2500kg on the M1 but we had a commitment to have the van in Pottsville for some people so I decided to go anyway. After the fire wrote our NP off the dealer here in Toowoomba pulled one out of the hat and got it down from Townsville, then got Towbar and Elec Brakes + Anderson plug fitted, ready for us to pick up in 6 working days. Then when I found that there was a fault with the Trailer wiring harness, the service manager got the fitter in and opened the workshop at 7pm on Sat night to put it right so we could tow on Sunday. But then I've always had my cars services by them in Twmba or Dalby.

And yes - we will enjoy it. Its our 4th Pajero (NC, NL, NP, NT) and my 8th Mitsu... Not that I start out that way when I start to shop - it just works out that way nearly every time for our needs and budget on the day.

Mrs Moriaty's complaint today was that a Police car followed her the whole way to work and she couldn't sees 'how it goes'. And I thought my son with the RX7 was a worry
                        LOL re Mrs Moriaty!! I think we wives want to drive this NT Paj more than the fellas! We just won't admit it!!

I wouldn't worry too much about the towing. The dealer did say that if you HAD to tow before the 1500km, it really wouldn't adversely affect the car. They are built pretty tough.

This is our 3rd Paj (NG, NJ and now NT). We just like the finish and amount of product you get for your dollar. Also, the warranty is second to none in Oz.

Hope you and your wife enjoy it!

Regards,
                        Sally

Comment

• Kingsea
                          • Jun 2008
                          • Callala Bay NSW

Not sure if I believe some of the consumption figures posted here. My NT 3.2 Auto country driving uses 10 to 13 lph. Just towed my van to Urunga from Sanctuary Point and saw figures 21 to 23 lph. My old NP never used that much fuel. Van is 24.5 ft and not carrying water so around 2.3 ton, car lightly loaded. In summay my NT XPaj is shocking as far as fuel economy is concerned.

Comment

• erad
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2015
                            • Cooma NSW

I believe the figures. I have a NW GLX-R manual transmission and am disappointed if I don't get less than 8.5 L/100km. I travel at the limits applicable at the time - by GPS rather than the ridiculously optimistic speedo. Towing my 16.5 Jayco poptop, I get 12.2 L/100 @ 95 km/h, increasing to over 13.5 L/100 at 110 km/h. I only have 75000 km on it now, but about 34000 of that has been with the van.

Comment

• Peterng
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2013
                              • Northern Rivers NSW

The Paj has pretty good fuel consumption for a diesel considering its weight and having an auto.
                              In saying that, technology of 6 speed autos in the newer models, plus that the Paj has been developed over 25 years, have created a good all round 4wd.
                              I completed a couple of trips in my 2011 Paj, pulling a 1000kg camper and loaded rear cargo area for 7500km over 80% off-road.
                              I did the fuel calculations using a smart phone app and got 10.2ltrs per 100km.
                              Just putting around town about 7 to 9ltrs depending.
                              Very happy with the fuel consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X