• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glyptal
    • Mar 2019
    • katoomba

pajero sport second battery

Hey all
    love my new pajero sport BUT the whole functionality is battery dependant, it seems to me. I cant see any room under the bonnet, for battery backup. Has anyone out there explored and / or fitted a second battery. ?????
  • ron2503
    • Dec 2017
    • Alex Hills

Do a search. There is plenty of posts including heaps of photos. Search 'dual battery'.
    2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
    Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
    Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
      • Aug 2012
      • Brisbane, Southside

Second Battery

As above there is plenty of discussion on second batteries, both under bonnet and in the rear.

I posted a full description of my rear second battery fit out under ‘powering the fridge ‘at https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=56355
      Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
      Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• glyptal
        • Mar 2019
        • katoomba

Thanks for your advice

Comment

• denisp
          • Dec 2018
          • Mt Eliza

Originally posted by glyptal View Post
          Hey all
          love my new pajero sport BUT the whole functionality is battery dependant, it seems to me. I cant see any room under the bonnet, for battery backup. Has anyone out there explored and / or fitted a second battery. ?????

Yes,
          On researching found the kits were really too big and awkward for the space available between the fire wall and the existing battery above the passenger side wheel arch.

So did the whole thing myself, found a battery to fit the space and made a tray for it protecting the new battery from engine heat.

Sussed out the whole system including charging circuit and re-settable fuses for extra circuits for Anderson plugs on the tow bar for use when towing the caravan.
          Made sure all the cables were adequate for the job.
          Denis

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X