• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhjm
    • Jan 2016
    • United Kingdom

ASC / TC introduction

Hey Chaps

does anyone of you know which year the pajeros started been equipped with the ASC button? I foound a 2003 model without, but with a R/D Lock

thanks for any ideas
  • fikse
    • Oct 2016
    • Norway

Originally posted by bhjm View Post
    Hey Chaps

does anyone of you know which year the pajeros started been equipped with the ASC button? I foound a 2003 model without, but with a R/D Lock

thanks for any ideas
    Maybe it is country dependant, but my 06 was the oldest one I could find with ESP here in Norway. Unfortunately without rear diff lock...

'06 LWB 3.2 Dakar Edition
    Duct tape is like the force - it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
    My introduction.

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

In Oz, I thought ASC/TC appeared in the petrols with the 3.8 but the diesels got it at a different time. Look up Redbook & check the specs for each year (but may have been different in other countries).
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

I believe it was an option in the 03 models and became standard in the 04 models.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Sparky3975
          • Apr 2017
          • Botanic Ridge, Vic

My 05 DiD Exceed has the ASC/TC button (MATT system).
          2005 NP Pajero Exceed DiD: Airtec snorkel, iDrive, Nudge bar with 24" Stedi light bar, Redarc's Ultimate Dual Battery setup, ARB dual battery tray, 2" MD King/Bilstein suspension combo, Provent 200 catch can pro, Bridgestone D697 A/T's, Front/Rear DBA Slotted disc rotors, Boo's bashplates.

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
            I believe it was an option in the 03 models and became standard in the 04 models.
            Sharkcaver is right. I bought mine at the beginning of 2003 and wanted a GLS with the ABS / TC etc. option but there wasn’t one in Oz at the time in the colour I wanted. The dealer ended up selling me the Exceed which had all that as standard. GLS models could be bought with it at an upgrade option for something like an extra $1,200 – from memory. It wasn’t all that long after (perhaps 12 or 24 months) that GLS models had it as standard.

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• bhjm
              • Jan 2016
              • United Kingdom

thanks to everyone ! again the group intelligence helped me with decision in favour or against a car

Comment

• fikse
                • Oct 2016
                • Norway

My experience with the Pajero LWB is that ESP /ASC is a "must" if you drive on roads with limited surface friction. As late as 3 weeks ago me, my wife, our 3 boys and our farmdog was on a winter holiday trip. Snow and icy roads, but nothing worse than usual. Speed between 60 and 90KM/h. In a curve with steep ledge on one side and 50m Straight down to the sea level on the other side, making sight through the curve limited, we quite suddenly got a truck / trailer in our path. I had to steer the car outside the tarmac, and had a struggle to get all 4 wheels back on the road. A few "wiggles" with the tail, and we where back on track. Without the Electronic help im pretty sure we would either crash into a ledge or down to the sea, both with a high risc of serious damage or death. I have driven cars since mid 80's and Im quite used to harsh drive conditions and the need for some basic skills in straighten a car who suddenly wants to go in a complete other direction than the road, the Pajero and similar SUVs are somewhat the most difficult cars Ive tried.

Duct tape is like the force - it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
                My introduction.

Comment

• bhjm
                  • Jan 2016
                  • United Kingdom

Originally posted by fikse View Post
                  My experience with the Pajero LWB is that ESP /ASC is a "must" if you drive on roads with limited surface friction. As late as 3 weeks ago me, my wife, our 3 boys and our farmdog was on a winter holiday trip. Snow and icy roads, but nothing worse than usual. Speed between 60 and 90KM/h. In a curve with steep ledge on one side and 50m Straight down to the sea level on the other side, making sight through the curve limited, we quite suddenly got a truck / trailer in our path. I had to steer the car outside the tarmac, and had a struggle to get all 4 wheels back on the road. A few "wiggles" with the tail, and we where back on track. Without the Electronic help im pretty sure we would either crash into a ledge or down to the sea, both with a high risc of serious damage or death. I have driven cars since mid 80's and Im quite used to harsh drive conditions and the need for some basic skills in straighten a car who suddenly wants to go in a complete other direction than the road, the Pajero and similar SUVs are somewhat the most difficult cars Ive tried.

did u drove in 4HLC?

Comment

• fikse
                    • Oct 2016
                    • Norway

Originally posted by bhjm View Post
                    did u drove in 4HLC?
                    Yes I did. I'm using the 4WD when driving on snow/ice, 2WD on plain tarmac
                    My introduction.

Comment

• fikse
                      • Oct 2016
                      • Norway

Yes I did. I'm using the 4WD when driving on snow/ice, 2WD on plain tarmac
                      Naaah. Now I see I was a bit hasty. I drove in 4wd but not with center lock. I dont use that before i need it for slippery uphill driving :-)

My introduction.

Comment

• bhjm
                        • Jan 2016
                        • United Kingdom

Naaah. Now I see I was a bit hasty. I drove in 4wd but not with center lock. I dont use that before i need it for slippery uphill driving :-)

so nice electronics are - but 60-90 km/h with a sudden change on the surface and therefore traction makes out of 4H a simply 1 wheel drive vehicle.

Comment

• Hungie
                          • Jan 2015
                          • NSW Central Coast

ASC first appeared in the NP when the 3.5 V6 was updated to fly by wire (cableless) throttle. The very first of the NP’s came with a cable throttle so didn’t have ASC. Also, when shifted into 4LLC ASC is automatically disabled, but ATC remains on in all conditions and cannot be disabled. I did a little experiment with my NP when I had it by disabling the ATC by unplugging one of the wheel speed sensors. Turned out to be useless without traction control due to Paj’ very limited wheel travel. As flawed as ATC was in some situations, it turned out to be better that nothing.

Don’t confuse the 2 systems.

ATC - Active Traction Control
                          ASC - Active Stability Control
                          03 NP Exceed 3.5 V6 petrol auto, 2 inch Lovells / Bilstein lift, 15mm poly spacer in rear, 8mm alloy strut spacer in front (total 3" lift) 16x8 Ballistic Jester alloys 0 offset, 33" (285/75/16) Atturo Trail Blade M/T's, 2.5 exhaust with Advance extractors into high flow steel CAT and tri-flow muffler & resonator

Comment

• chrisall
                            • Sep 2016
                            • WA

My Pajero is plated Feb 03 and has no ABS/ATC, and doesn't have the hydraulic brake booster, just the traditional master cylinder and servo.

Also has just the drivers airbag....oldskool safety style.

Interestingly the harnesses for the ABS wheel sensors are in place, as are the segmented rings on the CV's.

Cheers,
                            2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.

Comment

• bhjm
                              • Jan 2016
                              • United Kingdom

Originally posted by Hungie View Post
                              ASC first appeared in the NP when the 3.5 V6 was updated to fly by wire (cableless) throttle. The very first of the NP’s came with a cable throttle so didn’t have ASC. Also, when shifted into 4LLC ASC is automatically disabled, but ATC remains on in all conditions and cannot be disabled. I did a little experiment with my NP when I had it by disabling the ATC by unplugging one of the wheel speed sensors. Turned out to be useless without traction control due to Paj’ very limited wheel travel. As flawed as ATC was in some situations, it turned out to be better that nothing.

Don’t confuse the 2 systems.

ATC - Active Traction Control
                              ASC - Active Stability Control
                              and what about the diesels engines?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X