• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AstinGC90
    • Nov 2017
    • Innisfail

Fitting PS Exceed bullbar DIY ??

Hey team,

I am in a bit of a spot up here in FNQ as not to many 4X4 outlets have bullbars I both like the look of and are compatible with the PS Exceed's washers and forward radar. I am very keen on the MCC rocker bar and have priced it up etc. but as I'm nowhere near a fitment center I may have to go it alone. I can get the bar landed up here for $2190 which seems fair.

Has anyone done a bar fitment themselves on the exceed yet?

Primarily I'm concerned about sensor possitioning and extending the headlamp washers. I had no trouble fitting the tow pack and roofracks alone etc. but I understand this is another animal entirely.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    2016 MY17 Pajero Sport Exceed
    MCC Rocker Bar - Runva 11XP Premium Winch - Tough Dog 40mm adjustable lift kit - Safari V-Spec - 4mm Stainless Bash Plates- Savannah RTT - Front Runner Slimline 2 Rack - All interior lighting swapped to LED's - Stedi 39" LED Lightbar with LED/DRL fogs - Intervolt DC/DC charger - Projecta 120W solar - Dual Battery under bonnet 75AH SLA aux - Provent Catch Can - Idrive Windbooster EVC313 - Miracast HDMI mod - Piranha Breathers.
  • Jas2909
    • Feb 2016
    • Penrith NSW

Go to the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Australia Facebook group. Search for Ric Hard, he has done it. The address is in my sig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• AstinGC90
      • Nov 2017
      • Innisfail

Is Ric Hard the author of this little gem?

That's were I got a first look at the MCC Rocker funnily enough. I didn't realise he did the fitment himself though? I thought MCC Dandenong VIC did it.
      MCC Rocker Bar - Runva 11XP Premium Winch - Tough Dog 40mm adjustable lift kit - Safari V-Spec - 4mm Stainless Bash Plates- Savannah RTT - Front Runner Slimline 2 Rack - All interior lighting swapped to LED's - Stedi 39" LED Lightbar with LED/DRL fogs - Intervolt DC/DC charger - Projecta 120W solar - Dual Battery under bonnet 75AH SLA aux - Provent Catch Can - Idrive Windbooster EVC313 - Miracast HDMI mod - Piranha Breathers.

Comment

• Lefty
        • Mar 2017
        • Brisbane

ECB do bullbars for Exceed. According to their website, Opposite Lock are their FNQ retailers/ distributors, fitters.

Comment

• AstinGC90
          • Nov 2017
          • Innisfail

Yes they do have a bar to fit and I have been in contact with them but I really do prefer the MCC bars look and fit. Also, the ECBs have those plastics on the bar which are sure to need replacing often when going off-road. There is a dealer for MCC up here but I rang them and he couldn't see the rocker in his catalog and therefore couldn't order it. I might just call back and ask for a fitting quote as it doesn't sound like anyone has tackled this model solo and I'm not game enough to play guinea pig. Thanks.

Comment

• AstinGC90
            • Nov 2017
            • Innisfail

So I rang around and ARB quoted roughly $500 to fit the MCC rocker to my exceed. Seems reasonable considering they have never even seen the bar before. MCC confirmed the sensor holes are pre-cut but washer slots are not. Also because the reservoir is higher then the bull bar, the headlamp washers will need a no return valve to stop the nozzles dripping when off. Only $1 or two but good to know. Now to wait for the new financial year

Comment

• AstinGC90
              • Nov 2017
              • Innisfail

So it looks like I'm even better off then i first thought. The MCC Rocker bar is a complete bumper replacement. Will only have to cut provisions for the headlamp washers as the sensor holes are pre-cut. Going to be able fit the bar no worries at all

Comment

• Ozkiwi
                • Jun 2018
                • Sydney

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
                ECB do bullbars for Exceed. According to their website, Opposite Lock are their FNQ retailers/ distributors, fitters.
                Opposite Lock have their own Exceed compatible Bullbar, cause I have one on my 2018 Exceed.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X