• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bru9
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Victoria

Very lite & strong tarps?

I have tried the grey/black heavy duty tarps with the super tough d rings, but the tarps are just way too heavy. I have also tried the 'medium duty' blue tarps & while the fabric is lite & strong enough, the eyelets start wearing the surrounding tarp.

Those blue tarps should have D rings with extra fabric to reinforce.

Looking for anything that is lite as the blue tarps you see in bunnings, BCF etc but with tough lasting eyelets & surrounding fabric next to the eyelets.

I did try & glue the tarp together to make my own reinforcement but nothing seems to stick the material together.

thanks
    2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5
  • Lazarus
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Melbourne, Western suburbs

I use moroka30 flys and swear by them

Shop Fly Tarps online at Moroka.30. Fast and secure shipping, with PayPal and Zip Pay available.
    NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank, GME XRS 370c.

Comment

• insect_eater
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Canberra

I carry a Wilderness equipment ultralight overhang tarp, lots of pocketed, built-in guys, and properly sewn in attachment points.

My best tarps are cuben fibre / Dyneema - ultralight and strong - some from Z-packs - http://www.zpacks.com/shelter/tarps.shtml , but lots of sources
      NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X