• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam Pato
    • Jan 2011
    • Brisbane

Factory Diff Lock

I think I read somewhere that the NP VRX got a factory diff lock.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct (or have I dreamed it).

I've searched the forum but no joy.

Cheers

Sam
    Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform
  • Sam Pato
    • Jan 2011
    • Brisbane

I meant to say Rear Diff lock that is.

I tried to check the tech brochure but the link is down.

Someone must have a VR-X out there?
    Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform

Comment

• pajflareo
      • Feb 2013
      • Syd

It was my understanding that none of the Australian Delivered Gen3's even had the option of a factory rear diff-lock, I may be wrong however. I think the option of a factory rear diff lock was standard (maybe?) or an option on NS VRX's.

Overseas however the some Gen 3's had the option of factory difflocks, I remember some South African fellas discussing it.

However if your trying to find a wrecked one to retrofit into your Gen 3, Im pretty sure that rear diffs are more or less interchangeable between all IRS pajeros i.e. NM-NX but I've never seen one come up cheap so ARB or TJM might be your only options.

Comment

• just dreamin
        • Mar 2013
        • Adelaide SA

I had a NP exceed diesel and it didn't have one fitted.
        I probably don't know what I am talking about - But

Comment

• Easykill1978
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008
          • Melbourne Vic

Originally posted by pajflareo View Post
          It was my understanding that none of the Australian Delivered Gen3's even had the option of a factory rear diff-lock, I may be wrong however. I think the option of a factory rear diff lock was standard (maybe?) or an option on NS VRX's.

Overseas however the some Gen 3's had the option of factory difflocks, I remember some South African fellas discussing it.

However if your trying to find a wrecked one to retrofit into your Gen 3, Im pretty sure that rear diffs are more or less interchangeable between all IRS pajeros i.e. NM-NX but I've never seen one come up cheap so ARB or TJM might be your only options.
          yes some have, not all.. heck i went out the other day with a NP pajero that had one fitted
          My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

• Shano592
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2012
            • Central Coast NSW

How can I tell?
            Gun Metal 2006 NP VR-X Auto DiD | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Tinted Windows | EGR Blanked | Upper Timing Chain Guide - Replaced Twice | Still rolling like a tank.

Comment

• MatthewP
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2014
              • North of Brisbane

Originally posted by Shano592 View Post
              How can I tell?
              The diff lock switch will be in the switch panel in the centre console, in front of the gear shifter.

Matt
              05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• Easykill1978
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2008
                • Melbourne Vic

Originally posted by MatthewP View Post
                The diff lock switch will be in the switch panel in the centre console, in front of the gear shifter.

Matt
                and have the same shape and look of the stability control button XD
                My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

• Dilza1983
                  • Mar 2015
                  • wa

I have a np vrx2006 and no factory diff lock.

Comment

• Shano592
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2012
                    • Central Coast NSW

Same. No diff lock then.
                    Gun Metal 2006 NP VR-X Auto DiD | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Tinted Windows | EGR Blanked | Upper Timing Chain Guide - Replaced Twice | Still rolling like a tank.

Comment

• Samoya
                      • Apr 2015
                      • Camden NSW

hay
                      ns glx factory diff lock fitted i belive all models had the option available ns anyway
                      One Crowed Hour Of Glorious Life Is worth An Age Without A Name
                      MY NS http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=47375

Comment

• Apr 2011
                        • Monteviale, Vicenza, Italy

I've done some investigation into this. None of the US Market Monteros (NM or NP) had factory diff locks. The NM equivalent had a limited slip in most cases I believe, which was switched to an open diff with the NP due to the electronic stability system technically being able to lock up a spinning wheel via the ABS system thus powering the other side, presumably which has traction.

Many European market Shoguns(UK) and Pajeros (continental Europe) came with a factory diff lock. The diffs are almost constantly on eBAY UK.
                        2005 Montero Limited (NP Exceed) OME medium duty front and rear, Bilsteins, Asfir aluminum skidplates (Engine, Transmission and Rear Air Con), HID projectors retrofit with power level adjustment, Clarion NX505 Double-Din Nav, 18" Shogun Rims, ARB Sahara Bar color matched with PIAA 540 Fogs and Clearwater Lights Sevina LEDs, Superwinch TigerShark 9500 Synthetic, Power Folding Mirrors mod

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X