• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nab
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

Nice pics. Whats with the tarp over the Hilux??
    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• P4J3R0
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Brisbane

That's where a mate sleeps.

Funny story........ we got up the coast Saturday morning to see a heap of people setup with gazebos. That night there was big storm that was unexpected. Sunday morning there were all the bend, twisted, and wrecked gazebos all up the beach. Once the mess was cleaned up by those who made it my mate took advantage of all the stuff at the bin points and found a mint condition double gazebo to be used as his car cover when camping. He sleeps in the tray in his swag and the cover is the perfect size.
      NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• P4J3R0
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2013
        • Brisbane

It been a full year since I updated this thread. Not much car stuff getting done these days as owner building a bloody house takes a lot of time !

The can has had a few changes with second battery and dc-dc charger going in the 3rd row seat well, air compressor up in the engine bay, full suspension bush change, and next on the list is the leaky roof through the front roof rail mounting bracket. I figure it’s probably broken as it moves a lot. Also in the next few months will be a 300 000km service so it’s going to be big. Already spent $500 on fluids, still need a few more bits before I start.

The annual father son trip was big in 2017 with 6 days of relaxing in bundy and then on double island. The traffic and yobbos on double island beach camping have ruled it out for us now. Not a nice place when the other campers think it ok to play music all night and to wake up during the night to drunk kids wandering through our camp. And I love doing circles as much as the next person but bloody hell, 20min of circles every time you come back to camp or go out anywhere! And drag racing through the camp area, please! End rant.

This year will be Fraser for the father son trip if all goes well.

And I had the airbag recall done, for both air bags. I told the service lady to let the technician know that the clock spring was dead and not to stress about the airbag light on the dash. I will fix it later. So later comes round and I fix the clock spring and notice the airbag light still on, so plug in the Mutt. 2x airbag errors. Strange. 1 is for the clock spring (expected) the other if for the drivers seat, WTF ! Have a look under the seat and it’s been unplugged. Now I haven’t unplugged it, no one else has been in the car ........... except the bloody Mitsubishi technician. Well at least I won’t be going back there any time soon!

And as soon as I get photos uploaded I’ll get them updated in this thread.
        Last edited by P4J3R0; 18-03-18, 08:08 AM.
        NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• martialllaw
          • Jan 2012
          • Narangba

Any pictures of the compressor in the engine bay?
          2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• P4J3R0
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2013
            • Brisbane

Used the old 2nd batter mount that I made and adjusted it to suit all the fuses and relays and and hold the compressor properly.

Still need to get a new air hose made but I’ll wait until I have the air tank mounted.

So far it looks like this.

NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• P4J3R0
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2013
              • Brisbane

It's been a few months and not much has changed.

Still working through the 300k service. I made it a major and am doing all fluids, brake pads, filters, and resealing the sump, trans, rocker cover, as well as output shaft seals on the transfer case.

AND the lockup kit from MM 4X4.

Holy crap, what an amazing difference it makes. With the larger tyres the factory programming for the AT is a little out and the TC like to slip. With the kit it just locks and goes. Has completely changed the car.

Biggest thing is the quality of components and the super detailed instructions. Easily the best instructions for any product I have ever bought. Full of pictures and explanations on how to complete each step.
              NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• P4J3R0
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2013
                • Brisbane

New tyres are on.

And I can’t get photos to load up. Bugger.
                Last edited by P4J3R0; 30-07-18, 09:51 PM.
                NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• TurboChook4x4
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Rocky Cape Tas

Hi P4J3R0. I've been watching your build with interest, excellent work!
                  Have you had any issues with your clean air recirculation? I had the idea to do that to get around the egr delete while still having the functionality of the throttle body valve, from what I've heard the engine will run on a little bit after the resistor mod. I had concerns that the maf wouldn't like seeing more air being used when the egr was supposed to be open.
                  I am pleased someone else has done it first. Have you had any codes?
                  Thanks very much.
                  Originally posted by P4J3R0 View Post
                  So worked my butt of on Sunday trying to get it all back together. 10pm I was in bed.

Got everything done except for the transfer case as I need a suction pump to do it cleanly. I'll pick one up this week and finish it.

Also after discovering the egr valve is separate from the egr motor and it's spring is only good for 10psi I have run a new line for the egr to run clean boosted air. From my test run tonight it definitely boost much sharper and now is back up to a max of 17psi and maintains 15psi through the rev range.

Gunk between the top and bottom manifolds.

Swirl valves removed. I cut it back neat with the start of the first valve to maintain the exterior look and to ensure the seal still worked.

Blanking plate on exhaust manifold. 6mm steel.

And tonight's efforts of a clean air recirculation system.

Cheers
                  Family car 2008 NS VRX Pajero, Metallic blue, Redarc dual battery, Redarc trailer brakes, ARB led spotlights, mounted on a budgie bar(hopefully upgrade to a color coded bullbar soon), not much else but got plans!
                  2007 Nissan D40 Navara, tray back toolboxes, undertray toolboxes, crane, fire extinguisher, all the tools to fix just about anything in the field, not enough room to list all it's mods.

Comment

• P4J3R0
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Brisbane

And just like that it's time to sell The Blob.

Its just about to clock 400000km. And it's been a great car, and I'll miss it, but we can't keep it.

Thank to everyone on the forum for advice, suggestions, parts, fixes and ideas.

I'll pick up the new (2018 Pajero Sport) in a few weeks. You can't imagine how long my mod list is already.

The Blob will be up for sale soon.
                    NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X