• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jazzi
    • Jul 2014
    • Roxburgh park

Joint plywood

Originally posted by birdd View Post
    I finished off my fridge slide today (except for carpet). It now has hatches to access the third-row seat well. So I can access my recovery gear under the left hatch and the battery and charger under the right hatch once the fridge slide is pulled out... I also added some bracing to the back of the box, and trimmed a bit off the back edge so it doesn't touch the cargo barrier now. Very happy with it, it's come up great

Hay Mate,

Im new to use plywood.How did you joint the plywood. is it strong enough?

Thanks

Comment

• birdd
      • Mar 2014
      • Bundaberg, QLD

Originally posted by Jazzi View Post
      Hay Mate,

Im new to use plywood.How did you joint the plywood. is it strong enough?

Thanks
      Just wood screws, you can see them in the photo from underneath.

Yeah its plenty strong enough... I had to upgrade the fridge slide shelf to a thicker piece as it started to split out around the screws after our trip to Fraser, but other than that no issues at all...
      2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
      MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)

Comment

• birdd
        • Mar 2014
        • Bundaberg, QLD

EGR no more openy... 👍

Now just need to work on cleaning my intake manifold... I think it will be scary, I haven't done it since purchasing it and it's at about 175000kms, I bought it at 120000kms iand I highly doubt it was done before I bought it...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
        Last edited by birdd; 03-11-16, 10:34 PM.
        2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
        MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)

Comment

• feeex
          • Aug 2016
          • Malaysia

What's that software you have there? Showing the temps and EGR position?

Comment

• birdd
            • Mar 2014
            • Bundaberg, QLD

Originally posted by feeex View Post
            What's that software you have there? Showing the temps and EGR position?
            Torque Pro, an Android app
            2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• feeex
              • Aug 2016
              • Malaysia

Thanks. But we're iOS only so I'll look around for something similar!

Comment

• birdd
                • Mar 2014
                • Bundaberg, QLD

Originally posted by feeex View Post
                Thanks. But we're iOS only so I'll look around for something similar!
                Do what I did, buy a cheap prepaid android phone and use it as a dedicated Torque Pro device...

I got an Optus Pop 5 (http://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaid.../alcatel/pop-5) on a half price sale from my local Australia Post, I didn't do anything with the SIM card, just connected it to my home WiFi and installed the Torque Pro app and then throw the phone in the car...
                2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• birdd
                  • Mar 2014
                  • Bundaberg, QLD

Finally the tyres that i bought the car with wore out (they were brand new when we got the car) - I got 60000kms out of them without rotating them... They were Silverstone Estiva (highway terrain).

I decided to go with some decent All Terrains now that I'm replacing them and also go a size up. I went with BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 in 265/70/17 (31.6" vs 30.6" - 265/65/17 stock).

They look great and fill the guards much better and a bit more clearance due to the larger size.

I got 4 of them plus I replaced the spare with a 2nd hand Maxis MA751 Bravo with 8mm tread left... It fills the spare cover right to the edges

2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• birdd
                    • Mar 2014
                    • Bundaberg, QLD

Next thing I'd love to do is paint the mags black... I would have loved to get black mags with the new tyres, but the budget didn't stretch that far and I figured I was better off with decent tyres on stock mags rather than cheap tyres and black mags...
                    2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• birdd
                      • Mar 2014
                      • Bundaberg, QLD

A couple more updates:

I got a Sony XAV-AV100 6.2" touchscreen headunit with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support for Christmas, so convenient with my iPhone, just plug it in and I have Audio and Nav, plus calls and texts and Siri - all controllable by the touchscreen or steering wheel buttons.

I also painted my factory mags with Black Plastidip:

I love how much it changes the look of the vehicle. I do have to repair a couple of spots where it started to lift after a high pressure wash after a beach camping trip last weekend. I've done the first step of prep by using some petrol to re-liquify it and smooth it out, just had to wait for the petrol to evaporate and dry and now I need to give it a fresh coat to fix it completely.
                      2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• birdd
                        • Mar 2014
                        • Bundaberg, QLD

I got a “little” upgrade on the weekend. I picked up a Supa Peg 270 degree wing awning off a mate for $200! Stoked! Great deal and such an upgrade from the cheap 2x2.5m awning I already have (which has now been moved to the drivers side). Such good quality and easy to setup.
                        Attached Files
                        2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• kblof
                          • Apr 2017
                          • Radelaide

Thats a steal birdd
                          Love to know your long term thoughts on it as i've had my eye on these for a while, as Patriot use them and some of the Drifta trailers come with them i thought they would be good.
                          2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• birdd
                            • Mar 2014
                            • Bundaberg, QLD

Originally posted by kblof View Post
                            Thats a steal birdd
                            Love to know your long term thoughts on it as i've had my eye on these for a while, as Patriot use them and some of the Drifta trailers come with them i thought they would be good.
                            Obviously haven't had it long term yet, but my mate had it for years and its still in excellent condition. Such good quality. All Aussie made with Aussie made materials. Built to last
                            2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X