• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chutsy33
    • May 2008
    • Far NW Qld

NS Blusteele HD clutch

HI All, Installed the Blusteele HD clutch, ran it as per the instructions and then belted it to the cape and back towing a large camper trailer. Great clutch, no slipping and even handled the 'holy crap I ran out of steam leaving the Jardine ferry panic, lots or revs and lots of clutch and no issues. Friggin laggy bugger that it is. Also made the Bloomfield track steep sections up and down with out issues, north to south these are 22 degree up and 35 degree down long sections, low range 1st.
    Anyway back to the clutch. Install was straight forward although gearbox is a bastard to get out and if you are on the ground pray you have enough clearance for the gearbox mount on your trolley jack. I didn't and had to slide it back in and jack the whole car up, the gearbox is long so get a mount and strap it in. Full extension on the chassis stands. DO NOT USE CHEAP STANDS for this job. Once the height is sorted then happy days.
    Blusteele kit uses a excedy plate and everything else look quality.
    Make sure you pull the clutch fork pivot out, clean and lube it then put it all back together.
    Clutch feel is light but I do have the single mass flywheel vibration through a point in the rev range. I think it would be better if the car wasn't so laggy and revved through this point a bit quicker. All up love it and no issues to report. $1050 free freight. Flywheel, clutch plate, pressure plate, throw out bearing, spigot bearing and fly wheel bolts included.
    2007 NS VRX 3.2 Manual, 265/70/17 , 3' Scott Rods Exhaust, SPVi EGR Module, TJM Snorkle. 2008 ML triton 3.2 manual.
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

Perfect timing... only earlier today I was trying to research which of the ‘eBay brands’ (PHC, HCB, Clutch’s & Blusteele) of clutch for the family trayback Patrol farm ute.

Thankfully, the Patrol doesn’t have the duel mass flywheel issue so clutch kits are even cheaper ($150-$160 for kit containing pressure plate, clutch plate, & thrust bearing)
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• chutsy33
      • May 2008
      • Far NW Qld

I can't fault the Blusteele, especially as it uses an excedy plate. Happy days. LOL
      My dual mass was stuffed, only couple of heavy take offs ir hard down changes and I think it wiyld have gone completely.
      2007 NS VRX 3.2 Manual, 265/70/17 , 3' Scott Rods Exhaust, SPVi EGR Module, TJM Snorkle. 2008 ML triton 3.2 manual.

Comment

• disco stu
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2018
        • Wollongong

Hey. I was looking at one of these myself for an NL 3.5l. Was the one you got the one with blue pressure plate assembly? I noticed there are a few options there that would be considered heavy duty-I think the one called heavy duty with blue pressure plate, and then another that was 4x4 tough or something with orange pressure plate assembly

Comment

• chutsy33
          • May 2008
          • Far NW Qld

HI sent you a PM.

Mine is the dark blue pressure plate. Still going great, smooth operation and light pedal feel.

NL means you have to pull the gearbox out past the torsion bar cross member, not fun so get it up high. Be careful of the wiring harness as they are difficult to unclip and will be brittle with age. Replace the rear main, spigot and throw out bearing. I went mitsi from Partsouq for the seal and rest was in the kit. Also a good time to grease the universals as they are buggers to do in place. Oh and replace the flywheel bolt as well. Partsouq will have them in stock.

I think they make a Extra HD for some models but unless you have heaps of horses or are going to flog it towing I wouldn't bother
          Last edited by chutsy33; 07-08-19, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• disco stu
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2018
            • Wollongong

Awesome info, thanks! I think the kit I was looking at has the bolts in it, so I'll go that one. Appreciate the info

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X