Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers

Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers It's all about the great outdoors. What you have and where you stayed.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Rhinomax hybrid campers

Hi all,

We are considering a fairly lengthy trip in the next 12 months and the little lady isn't happy living out of the RTT on a trailer I've just spent 6 months building. Thems the breaks

So ive started researching campers, it's my ADHD my lady wants a proper caravan (Lotus Offgrid or the like) and I'd prefer a hybrid camper as I want to get well off the blacktop (including beaches) and minimise towing weight/size.

I stumbled across the Rhinomax hybrid campers made in Qld and they look pretty impressive. I saw a photo online of one hooked up to a Pajero, so I was hoping the owner might be on here??

If anyone has one, could they provide an opinion on build quality, after sales support and whether they will handle the rough outback tracks.

Thanks in advance

Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

My wife doesn't like roughing it too much either but we're very happy in our Tvan. It's easy to set up, a breeze to tow and is warm and comfortable.

The problem with the full off road vans is the generally the extra weight due to the upgraded chassis and off road suspension. Check the ATM and ball weight carefully before taking the plunge. It doesn't take much to make a well loaded Paj illegal when you add a van on the back. And don't forget that the allowable ball weight decreases to 180kg if you are over 2500kg on the van. I'm not sure on the Rhino specs, it's just my thoughts.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

6 months building a trailer and the missus doesn,t like it....do a solo trip....
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Unless you are going serious off road then have a look at the Bowell Air and Edge range. The air is a semi off road A Van style fold out camper which has no canvas, separate sleeping and dining area so it would be easy to live in for extended periods.
I toured the factory 7 years ago when they were first released and I was impressed by the design and build quality.
https://www.bolwellrv.com.au

The Rhino Max 10ft Scorpion is the lightest model they do at 2000kg ATM, it is a similar concept to the RV Vista but better because you can leave the bed setup and use the dining area as the bed pivots up out of the way.
https://rhinomaxcampers.com.au/scorpion/

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Last edited by old Jack; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:08 PM.