• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

2020 Pajero NX

Yesterday Mitsubishi Motors Australia released the brand new 2020 Pajero and it's built for adventure, whatever you put in front of the Pajero, it will prevail .
    “The authenticity and capability of the #Pajero is what our customers like the most,” said John Signoriello, Mitsubishi Motors Australia CEO. “Pajero drivers know they can depend on it when they take on their next challenge – whether that means heading out to the outback or towing. It’s an iconic part of our Australian product line-up.”

No more Exceed

Mitsubishi Australia has cut its ageing Pajero line-up from three flavours to two, ditching the top-tier Exceed while carrying on with the GLX and GLS priced at $53,990 before on-road costs and $59,490 respectively.
    While pricing has remained static for Pajero variants, specification has increased with the addition of HID headlights with auto-levelling, washers and automatic high beams as standard across the board.
    Carryover equipment includes a reversing camera, cruise control, seven seats, air-conditioning in the rear, 17-inch wheels and 7.0-inch multimedia system with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility.

The new GLS range-topper also gains a 12-speaker sound system and subwoofer from Rockford Fosgate in the update, alongside its already standard rear parking sensors, automatic wipers and headlights, heated and powered front seats, 18-inch wheels, and cargo blind.
    As before, the 2020 Pajero will continue to be powered by a 3.2-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine, which produces 141kW of power at 3800rpm and 441Nm of torque from 2000rpm.
    With drive sent to all four wheels via a five-speed automatic transmission, official fuel consumption readings are pegged at 9.1 litres per 100km.
    Mitsubishi’s updated Pajero is also underpinned by the brand’s ‘Super Select II’ four-wheel-drive (4WD) system, featureing a rear differential lock and four driving modes – 2H, 4H, 4HLc and 4LLc.
    Off-road credentials are also bolstered by a 45-degree incline, 35-degree climbing, 36.6-degree approach, 22.5-degree ramp breakover and 25-degree departure angles.
    Underpinning the Pajero is a double wishbone front suspension with coil springs and a stabiliser bar, while the rear axle features a multi-link set-up.

Externally, there are no changes to the 2020 Pajero. Colours available include three pearlescent shades (‘Warm white’, ‘Terra Rossa’ and ‘Pitch black’) and four metallic hues (‘Cool silver’, ‘Ironbark’, ‘Graphite’ and ‘Pitch black’).
    Courtesy of Cars Guide
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

I wonder if they've dropped the Exceed badge to make the Pajero Sport Exceed their flagship luxury off-roader? I don't normally follow specs that well, but with all the extra goodies they've added to the GLS, how close will it now be to the former Exceed spec?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• bennyb29
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
      Externally, there are no changes to the 2020 Pajero. Colours available include three pearlescent shades (‘Warm white’, ‘Terra Rossa’ and ‘Pitch black’) and four metallic hues (‘Cool silver’, ‘Ironbark’, ‘Graphite’ and ‘Pitch black’)
      Glad to see they have brought back the Ironback shade. Despite being a popular color, I was shocked to see they had discontinued it in between, from what I remember.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• DID Dash
        • Aug 2016
        • Australia

Bringing back the 17”’rims on the GLX seems a good move for those of us who go offroad.
        17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• Keithyv
          Valued Member
          • May 2018
          • Perth

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
          Bringing back the 17”’rims on the GLX seems a good move for those of us who go offroad.
          I missed the bit about the 17" wheels.

Looks like the blurb does not match the specs. One says 147kw the other 141.

Still beats me how some heated seats and a few other bits can add $7,000 to the price.

No different to other cars I know - just seems these upper models are the real cash cow.
          Great anyway to see they've squeezed another year out of the Pajero.
          2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
          MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

I’d say it is 141kW. The 147 spec was before the DPF.
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
              I’d say it is 141kW. The 147 spec was before the DPF.
              It is 141 Kw and 441 Nm .Reporters not doing their research. Edited in original post.
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• s311_bvm
                • Oct 2011
                • AUS

They have also added Emergency Brake Assist (EDIT My MY17 brochure shows that it has EBA not sure why the media is saying this is new?)

Low and high beam are now HID
                Last edited by s311_bvm; 23-07-19, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Lazarus
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • Melbourne, Western suburbs

Does it have digital speedo?
                  NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), Uniden UHF, ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank.

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                    Does it have digital speedo?
                    No
                    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2017
                      • Sydney

I honestly don’t know what the big fuss is about digital speedo and I’m a tech head. And I don’t understand why some people reckon you can’t read the analog speed at a glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
                        I honestly don’t know what the big fuss is about digital speedo and I’m a tech head. And I don’t understand why some people reckon you can’t read the analog speed at a glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many princess,s getting around...
                        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Poita
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Adelaide

I would like to see :
                          Interior (ie dash) quality improved.
                          Fuel filter moved from above the starter motor.
                          Oil filter moved to an easily serviced location like the Prado.
                          Remove the stupid ball weight drop at 2500kg.
                          Oil catch can from factory.
                          Roof mounted child seat anchors so you don't loose boot space.
                          NW VRX MY2013
                          Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• bennyb29
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2015
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
                            Great anyway to see they've squeezed another year out of the Pajero.
                            I am almost certain this would be the last of it, sadly.
                            Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2019
                              • Brisbane

So if you brought A New Pajero now how long will parts be available is what I wonder??
                              I would like to buy one new or near new 12 months time.
                              But then I wonder about parts down the track. intend on keeping it for many years.
                              Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X