• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jayctee
    • Mar 2015
    • Brisbane

Barry Way, Darling River and GRR in 2019

Two trips this year - western NSW, including Barry Way to Lakes Entrance, and Darling River run. Then to Derby WA via Plenty Highway and Gibb River Road. Loved the HEMA HN7 GPS trip logs.
    Lots of side trips along the way.
    Loved the paddle steamer trip through the river lock at Wentworth. Derby was worth the visit especially to see the "horizontal waterfall" during a ten metre tide range.

No problems with the Challenger on either trip, about 18K klm.

The only thing that "fell off" was the red plastic tap handle on the Provent Catch Can drain pipe - . No worries - Western Filters sent me a new tap, no charge.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jayctee; 04-10-19, 08:36 AM.
    SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.
    SOLD 1997 NK GLX 3.5 Auto
  • Pixie_au
    • Apr 2019
    • Queensland

Good stuff,

I did GRR in a GQ Patrol ten years ago. I wonder how the NX would handle the corrugations.

Comment

• Jayctee
      • Mar 2015
      • Brisbane

I'm
      Originally posted by Pixie_au View Post
      Good stuff,

I did GRR in a GQ Patrol ten years ago. I wonder how the NX would handle the corrugations.
      I am sure the NX would be OK. The PC Challenger made it without a problem with standard suspension and 2.5 GVM - everyone agrees that they are very underestimated.
      I reckon the Plenty Highway was worse than the GRR when I was there in late August/September.
      You have no doubt seen -
      Last edited by Jayctee; 05-10-19, 08:14 AM.
      SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.
      SOLD 1997 NK GLX 3.5 Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X