• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

2018 wrapped up

I'd like to wish all members a safe and merry xmas and best wishes for 2019.

My year 2018 in review.

Thanks for all your support over the last year and I will see you all in 2019
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • 1533rl
    • Jun 2007
    • armadale wa

2018 wrapped up

Top stuff Shane, always interesting, thoughtful and entertaining, looking forward to
    following 2019.
    Cheers
    Peter

Comment

• glsgls
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2007

well done shane, how many nights under canvas did you do this year, ?? have a good xmas and new year

Comment

• greybeard
        • Jan 2008
        • WA

Happy end to 2018 warranty year. May 2019 be the year of new claims.....

Comment

• outbackogre
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2010
          • Melbourne

Thanks for the trip reports and videos Shane. For those (like me) who can't get away very often it stokes the passion for outback travel and camping. Good luck with the swap back to Bilstein (I think you had them on your NP). I've used Billies over 150,000kms, on two Pajeros, including three Simpson crossings, Great Central Rd, Gibb River Rd, Merenie Loop with no problems.
          My friends call me Rob; you can call me .... Rob.
          -------------------------------------------------------------
          MY12 NW GL DiD auto. 2" MD Lovells/Bilstein lift. Bushskinz underbody protection. Home made rear platform with sliding boxes above and lots of space underneath.

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Thanks guys.

Rob: only 42 this year (6 in the ulti/38 in the swag). That said, I did manage to chalk up 15K of travel in getting them, so I did a bit of driving to achieve it.

Yep, I had billies on the NP. Melted the boots on the rear (in not so hard conditions mind you), and the corrugated boots on the struts perished and split, but I never had a failure (the rears must have been close). I can live with the split boot on the strut (just remove it altogether if it happens again), but I'm not convinced on the rear billies. I still have my rebushed MRR's for the rear and will probably run them till they fail again.

The main thing is I'm over the strut tops failing on the MRR's and will swap them to the billies. Changing the rears is easy, it's a lot of work swapping the front end out and I don't want to do it again.

GB: 2018 warranty year If only it was honoured, yes. Sadly that is not the fact.
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Hatto
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2013
              • Mandurah WA

Great watch sharky! Look forward to your next installment
              Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
              ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2013
                • Sydney

Thanks Caver. I thoroughly enjoyed all your vids and look forward to more of your travels in 2019.

Top effort and great quality. I and I'm sure many others appreciate the time you've taken to produce them.

Safe and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
                NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• stevemc181
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Thornlie/Perth

Cheers for all the effort in producing the videos Shane, I've enjoyed watching them. Hopefully plenty more to come. It might be time to think about trading in the NX, seems to have been no end of grief for you the past couple of years.
                  Merry Xmas all!
                  2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                  3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• kerway
                    • Aug 2010
                    • North West Sydney

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                    Cheers for all the effort in producing the videos Shane, I've enjoyed watching them. Hopefully plenty more to come.Merry Xmas all!

Well said Steve.

Sharkcaver, thanks for all the enjoyable hours of watching you get to places that not many people have even heard of, let alone go to. As I've said before, even the wife enjoys watching them.
                    Looking forward to your 2019 adventures.

kerway
                    NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• Morville
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2008
                      • Buxton Vic

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                      It might be time to think about trading in the NX, seems to have been no end of grief for you the past couple of years.
                      Merry Xmas all!
                      I can see it now "Owned by a little old lady to drive to church on Sundays".
                      Well done Shane on your exciting travels and videos.

Peter

Comment

• Nab
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Perth

As above, always a good watch. Have a nice Xmas!!!
                        SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                        NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• El_Freddo
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2018
                          • Bridgewater, Vic

EPIC year mate! Subscribed!

I would love to be doing half the amount of the trips you’re doing! Except that my vehicle typically has five bodies in it, not just one.

Cheers

Bennie
                          2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Originally posted by El_Freddo View Post
                            EPIC year mate! Subscribed!

I would love to be doing half the amount of the trips you’re doing! Except that my vehicle typically has five bodies in it, not just one.

Cheers

Bennie
                            Thanks Bennie. I have to have 2 bodies in mine in a couple of weeks. That's going to hurt!

My Journeys

Comment

• Aspey
                              • Dec 2015
                              • Great Southern Land

G'day Shane, I like the year in review video idea. It was interesting to hear your comments looking back on the trips. If you were sitting in front of a camp fire with a cold one it would have really set the scene. Look forward to watching some more adventures in 2019.
                              Cheers
                              NP VRX DID

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X