Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 20-10-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friction Nut View Post
140 litres. That's only two and a half jerry cans bigger than standard tank.

Think I'll be sticking with the jerry cans at that price.
There aren't very many replacement tanks over the 140L for any car. I don't even know how they could increase the Pajero's factory tank that much without negatively impacting ramp over clearance. If touring is your thing I like the idea of not putting all your eggs in one basket, if 140L is the end product you can easily fit this tank (for what sounds like a very reasonable price considering ARB), a long ranger, LRA or brown davis 58/60L auxiliary or strongarm 80L auxiliary and have 200-220L on board before any jerry cans.

Off the top of my head there are limitations to how much fuel you are allowed to carry in a vehicle without a permit or something, which I think might be 250L. 1-2 Jerry cans on the roof with these two tanks and you can potentially have over 2000kms between fuel stops!

The other issue is storing Jerry cans. a lot of people are against having them inside the vehicle or just don't have the room. Other (like myself) have other things on the roof and can't put the weight up there. That leaves either larger tanks or a rear wheel carrier, both of which are expensive.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Last edited by grhyso; 20-10-15 at 07:03 PM.
Old 22-10-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friction Nut View Post
140 litres. That's only two and a half jerry cans bigger than standard tank.

Think I'll be sticking with the jerry cans at that price.
Two and half jerry cans I don't have to find room for elsewhere...
Twin batteries, FuelManager 30 micron filter, Airtek snorkel, Rhino Pioneer tray, Foxwing awning, TJM bull bar, 9500lb winch, 2" lift + HD progressive rate springs + Polyair bags, 75 litre water tank + electric pump, custom fridge slide, custom drawers
Old 22-10-15
Resident

I spent a lot of money on my shorty to squeeze an extra 45 litres into the tank.

• Lower centre of gravity.
  • Lower overall height.
  • Space in the cabin.

I have no doubt it was excellent value for money.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 06-11-15

Spoke with ARB salesman today at the Peth 4WD show. He reckons they almost have a tank ready for the paj, said they have had some complications but getting close to sorted (didn't know what they were???) and should be ready by March next year. 140lts as mentioned here and will be approx $1250 plus fitting and fuel for leak testing. The tank on display looked very well made, I was impressed with the build quality.
2008 NS 25th Aniversery Model, Auto, DID, ARB Bar, Warn XD9500lb, Coopers ST Maxx 265/70/17, GME UHF, IPF , DPF Delete pipe, Boo's Bash plates full set, track lander roof rack, drifta awning, SPV mod, catch can, Redarc DCDC 25amp, OME 2" lift and bit of other fruit.
Old 06-11-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoC View Post
Spoke with ARB salesman today at the Peth 4WD show. He reckons they almost have a tank ready for the paj, said they have had some complications but getting close to sorted (didn't know what they were???) and should be ready by March next year. 140lts as mentioned here and will be approx $1250 plus fitting and fuel for leak testing. The tank on display looked very well made, I was impressed with the build quality.
I also spoke to someone today who said the same except for that the almost have it ready. He did mention March though and same price, size etc etc. I did question will it hang much lower than the current tank which he said yes but not with any conviction. I would imagine the sales people don't really know too much about development work.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 06-11-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwright74 View Post
it would be great if they made one to replace the main tank on the SWB. It's pretty small and I've banged my up a bit.
You do know that LRA make a 65L Auxillary for the NS/NT SWB ??
Old 02-04-16

Noticed that this now shows up in the ARB price guide. Can anyone shed light on why it would be a Diesel only tank? What sort of differences would it have to a Petrol tank?

"ARB FRONTIER DIESEL FUEL TANK
(TAD107) Pajero 2000 On UNDER DEVELOPMENT"
Old 05-04-16

Hey Caroma, The difference would be in the fuel pick up inside the tank. A diesel powered Pajero does not need to house a fuel pump inside the tank.
Old 05-04-16
Pajero Club Life Member

Default ARB Long Range Tank

I wish they would get a move on, I want one!!
Old 05-04-16
Valued Member

A month or two ago at the caravan show, I had a discussion with the ARB person who is working on the development of these tanks.

As with all products, it is taking a while to thoroughly develop these tanks to meet operational, legislative and durability requirements, but they are nearly there. He indicated they hope to have them available a bit after the middle of the year, all going well.

He was very approachable and said if I had any queries, not to hesitate to call him at ARB's office in Melbourne - just ask for the person developing the tanks for the Pajero. I think he would welcome a call from someone in Melbourne from the forum - who knows, they may even get a good deal on an early install or get involved in the final testing, etc? (but note this is only my thinking)

Last edited by spot01; 05-04-16 at 09:26 PM.