• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toddyh
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Lalor Park, NSW

Triton steel wheels in black

I'm planning on changing over to a set of 16" rims. I've looked at 16" alloys and also heaps of aftermarket options. Wisest choice for price and simplicity seems to be either 16" challenger or triton alloys (quite rare) or triton steelies (just have to make sure they are 7" wide). I'm leaning towards the steelies as I want to either paint or powdercoat them black. Has anyone done this? If so have you got some photos? Would love to see what they look like in black before committing.
    2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.
  • robdavo
    • Dec 2013
    • Wantirna, Vic

PC 16" Rims

ToddyH
    For what its worth, I have a set of 4 16" alloys off my PC plus the steel spare if interested. See ad in Market here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=43580. See latest post for new prices. Realise you're in NSW, so probably not interested in these as freight is the killer here.
    This will also show the stock black steel from the PC. ROH put out black steels, but may have to check offset.
    Rob
    MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Terra Rosa, Rear Storage Drawer and Fridge System, 120Ah Dual Battery, Traxide SC80 Isolator, H/Reece Hitch. Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, LED Running Lights, 80W LED Light Bar, Factory (PB) Nudge Bar. Thule Racks, GME TX3510 CB, Poly Airs, MN Triton 17" wheels. Tinted windows, deflectors and bonnet guard. Headlight protectors.

Comment

• 02-SR5
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2010
      • Toowoomba

Triton steel wheels are the wrong offset.

They are around a -45. I made the mistake of buying a set without realising.

There are heaps of 16 inch alloys on Ebay.
      MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• eman
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2009
        • Cranebrook, NSW

Toddy assuming the Paj wheels will bolt on, head over and can see what my black steelies look like on the challenger, although they are 17".
        Also have a BT-50 steelie you can check
        2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

• Toddyh
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2013
          • Lalor Park, NSW

Originally posted by robdavo View Post
          ToddyH
          For what its worth, I have a set of 4 16" alloys off my PC plus the steel spare if interested. See ad in Market here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=43580. See latest post for new prices. Realise you're in NSW, so probably not interested in these as freight is the killer here.
          This will also show the stock black steel from the PC. ROH put out black steels, but may have to check offset.
          Rob
          Hi Rob I've already spoken to you about those wheels. You wanted to bump up the price for wheels only. This is why I'm heading towards steelies.

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
          Triton steel wheels are the wrong offset.

They are around a -45. I made the mistake of buying a set without realising.

There are heaps of 16 inch alloys on Ebay.
          I think there is a couple of different types. I'm looking at the 7" wide wheels and looking at photos there is no way they are a -45 offset. Alloys would be nice but they are more expensive and aftermarket wheels have the centre bore issues.

Originally posted by eman View Post
          Toddy assuming the Paj wheels will bolt on, head over and can see what my black steelies look like on the challenger, although they are 17".
          Also have a BT-50 steelie you can check
          Thanks for the off I might take you up on that Eden. I want 16's but they should give some idea of what the final result will look like.
          2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011
            • Adelaide, South Australia.

Both Challengers and 4wd Dual Cab Tritons 2009 onwards have 16" x 7" rims with a +38 offset. Rob got caught out with 16x6 Triton wheels that have the wrong offset. Devil is in the detail!

cheers, old Jack.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Toddyh
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2013
              • Lalor Park, NSW

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
              Both Challengers and 4wd Dual Cab Tritons 2009 onwards have 16" x 7" rims with a +38 offset. Rob got caught out with 16x6 Triton wheels that have the wrong offset. Devil is in the detail!

cheers, old Jack.
              That's what I thought. Thanks OJ.

Comment

• 02-SR5
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2010
                • Toowoomba

Originally posted by old Jack View Post

cheers, old Jack.
                Oh, maybe I did get lucky. I haven't seen them yet but I did buy 16x7 rims.

My bad OJ, I misunderstood what you said about offset Triton rims. I thought they were all wrong.

To the OP, mate, if you can get 16x7 steel rims, go for it. I did and still want too.
                MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• Toddyh
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • Lalor Park, NSW

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
                  To the OP, mate, if you can get 16x7 steel rims, go for it. I did and still want too.
                  I want to I was just hoping to see what they look like in black before jumping in.

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Adelaide, South Australia.

The standard Mitsubishi steel spare rim is painted gloss black, on Tritons that had this size wheel as standard had them painted silver. Not a super attractive design but at least it is a strong rim compared to most cheaper aftermarket rims that damage and go out of round easily. Having been a steel rim only man for over 30years, I am now a convert to alloy wheels.

cheers, old Jack.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• fester
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • Gympie Qld

I've never been a fan of steel sunraysia style wheels, always had alloys but did have a good run with some D window steels that were on a truck I bought. Would look cool on the Challenger.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X