Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 01-08-11

Default Tsunami - Mitsubishi Plant?

Car cam view of when the Tsunami hit.

I couldn't help notice the large industrial building in the background
with the Mitsubishi symbol.

http://www.wimp.com/japanesetsunami/

Car appears to get washed into a building in the end.

Can't understand Japanese, so don't know what happened to the
occupants.

Regards
Doug
Old 01-08-11

Just another reminder of the un-imaginable force of the tsunami and the speed at which it hit.

My heart goes out to the Japanese once again.

Amazing video
Old 01-08-11
Valued Member

Thanks for sharing, imagine being in that car..
Old 01-08-11
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to amr75wcr

Bloody hell, that is amazing video how calm are some of the people in the other vehicles. Its also amazing how not long after a disaster and the media leave they never appear to go back. It would be interesting to see how they are going!
04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj
Old 01-08-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by amr75wcr View Post
Bloody hell, that is amazing video how calm are some of the people in the other vehicles. Its also amazing how not long after a disaster and the media leave they never appear to go back. It would be interesting to see how they are going!
I thought that too about how calm they were. Perhaps it is that the Japs
are more socially reserved and it is in their nature to be stoic?

I asked the bloke who sent that video to me if there was any info about
how the people in the car faired, but no info.

Did you notice the Pantech semi being swept from left to right at the
cross roads early on in the video?

I note that the cars that floated were mostly small ones and that the
SUVs and trucks in the main sunk.

Regards
Doug
Old 01-08-11

Damn, thats harsh. My heart goes out to them.
Old 03-08-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrev View Post
...Can't understand Japanese, so don't know what happened to the occupants.
Even if they bolted like the driver in front, the odds were against them as tragically so may people are still missing & obviously deceased.
ABCTV have had some recent reports from several correspondents living in Japan. One accompanied one of the divers checking & clearing the debris laden coastal waters, & they are still finding bodies in vehicles virtually every day!
Most of the commercial media don't seem to cover those events once the sensationalism wears off unless they're Aussies involved. but even when there are, like the Christchurch earthquake, their coverage is appallingly insensitive! A life lost is just as much a tragedy to loved ones no matter where it happens.

Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
"I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"
Old 03-08-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
Even if they bolted like the driver in front, the odds were against them as tragically so may people are still missing & obviously deceased.
ABCTV have had some recent reports from several correspondents living in Japan. One accompanied one of the divers checking & clearing the debris laden coastal waters, & they are still finding bodies in vehicles virtually every day!
Most of the commercial media don't seem to cover those events once the sensationalism wears off unless they're Aussies involved. but even when there are, like the Christchurch earthquake, their coverage is appallingly insensitive! A life lost is just as much a tragedy to loved ones no matter where it happens.

Steve
Well said.
Old 03-08-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
-snip-

Steve
Steve

Modern media is only about sensationalism. Gone are the days of investigative reporting, verifying facts etc.
These days they pull their feed off which ever news service posts it online and then do a cameo to make out it is their own.
Hence why so much of what we see as so called "news" is actually inaccurate, falsified or just plain wrong.
Take the nightly commercial "news" programmes as an example.

It is actually known in the industry as "the variety show":

30 sec summary of what is to come.
4 1/2 minutes of so called news, usually with a highlight of some footballer stubbing his toe and being out of a game and the latest murders and high society/political intrigue.
5 minutes of ads.
5 minutes more of miscellaneous trivia.
5 minutes of ads.
5 minutes of sport, usually with a more in depth rendition of the footballer's toe ie. repeated information.
5 minutes of ads.
4 1/2 minutes of sport.
30 seconds of weather presenter on location (usually a school) and weather details.

So if you are lucky, you get about 4 minutes of real news once you filter out the initial sport drivel, political fight and latest murder.

No time to present much of anything that is happening in the hundreds of countries in the world.

Then, when the Yanks start on their 18 month long nauseating presidential election cycle you can take a good 1 minute out of the real news segment. So for that part of time, real news represents 3 minutes.

Any wonder the public is ignorant of what is happening in the real, non-sport, non-political world?

Regards
Doug
Old 03-08-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrev View Post
...Any wonder the public is ignorant of what is happening in the real, non-sport, non-political world?

Regards
Doug
Have my doubts that they even receive an honest view of what really happens in sport & politics either!
However, it seems that many people often prefer being fed BS anyway, (eg, 4wd action disappointment ).
Can't help thinking of mushrooms & sheep!

Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
"I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"