• Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

The journey concludes

Cheers!
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Hatto
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Mandurah WA

Only one thing that I'm disapdisappointed about is that there is no more episodes of that trip to watch! Might watch em again!
      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Originally posted by kerway View Post
        Thanks for taking the time. Living on the East coast and probably having small chance to get over your side, it's good to be able to check it out. Wife loves the soundtracks and the "Good Morning" at the beginning. I just watched Lancellin Dunes. Dunes are similar to Stockton Beach near Newcastle. I love the commentary from the back seat. Your daughter? When you were discussing cresting dunes and to back off going over the top and not doing it is the reason so many people have crashes, a voice is heard saying "idiots". That was just plain funny. Was the bogged car a Jeep that you rescued after showing off the much better off road capabilities of the Pajero?
        Where to next?
        Lol.... a 10 year old daughter with attitude....gotta love it hey! yep it was a jeep. Buried to the gunnels, 3 days old with no gear and no idea. The mrs said you just went around them to show off didn't you ....Nah, would I do that

Originally posted by 415Discog
        Only one thing that I'm disapdisappointed about is that there is no more episodes of that trip to watch! Might watch em again!
        Cheers. Maybe I need to go again, pushing further East!
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• insect_eater
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Canberra

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
          I do like my cloud time lapses - sorry if it bores you. I reckon those dark clouds billowing over the Paj in part 2 was pretty speccy???
          Far from boring - I love these time-lapse cloud sequences. My favourite is in episode 3 (? I think) where the clouds are travelling in two different directions at different heights.

The vids are really easy to watch - a good mx of pace and style that keeps them entertaining. As others have said it's a great way to see some country I may never get to, and to find places that I'd like to go to.
          NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

• BeanCounter
            • Mar 2012
            • Tasmania

Great trip, great videos. That beach bog each time I watch it I even pucker up to the point I wouldn't be able to pass wind

Wish tassie had more places to visit that take more than 2 hours to get to.

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

I'm thinking I need to do some East coast work, I have no scribbles on the map over there
              Attached Files

My Journeys

Comment

• Garc
                • May 2015
                • Perth

Still seems to be a gap in the CSR too.
                Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• kerway
                  • Aug 2010
                  • North West Sydney

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                  I'm thinking I need to do some East coast work, I have no scribbles on the map over there
                  Bit lopsided
                  NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• efeinblatt
                    • Feb 2015
                    • perth

Green with envy, Shane. Am back in the US now, where we're living in the wilds. But, how did you miss traveling to my beloved Broke Inlet?? Sold the Paj before we left. Driving a Rubicon. (Agree that Moore's Hut is the best!) Happy Christmas to you and family.
                    1992 NH 2.5L diesel turbo intercooler, ARB bull bar, Hankook Dynapro AT 31x10.5x15, IPF 900 spotties, home-made bug guard, rola vortex roof rack, 47L Evakool, Thumper

Comment

• Pwoffey
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Garc View Post
                      Still seems to be a gap in the CSR too.
                      Oh dear, that's just plain cruel.
                      BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Originally posted by efeinblatt View Post
                        Green with envy, Shane. Am back in the US now, where we're living in the wilds. But, how did you miss traveling to my beloved Broke Inlet?? Sold the Paj before we left. Driving a Rubicon. (Agree that Moore's Hut is the best!) Happy Christmas to you and family.

That explains the unanswered text message then.....Sad to hear mate, but best of luck to you and seasons greetings to you and your family. I have left Broke Inlet for another day, one I have some time for. A rubicon......eeeeeww

Originally posted by Pwoffey
                        Oh dear, that's just plain cruel.
                        It was a little, but I have unfinished business there!

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Finally, I got around to getting this one finished off:

01st-06th December Another 5 days off saw me heading South once again. Playing a bit closer to home for a couple of days and then venturi...

My Journeys

Comment

• Pwoffey
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2013
                            • Adelaide

Great story, great pics .

I wonder if the full tyre deflation overnight was simply because you had already deflated below 10 psi - presumably while the tyre was rather warm, so 10 would be an overestimate of cold pressure - and just the cooler overnight temperature did the rest, maybe even with temp-related further deflation compromising the seal of the bead?? I dunno - never had my tyres down below 10, but from the look of your pics you needed all the traction you could get!
                            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
                              Great story, great pics .

I wonder if the full tyre deflation overnight was simply because you had already deflated below 10 psi - presumably while the tyre was rather warm, so 10 would be an overestimate of cold pressure - and just the cooler overnight temperature did the rest, maybe even with temp-related further deflation compromising the seal of the bead?? I dunno - never had my tyres down below 10, but from the look of your pics you needed all the traction you could get!
                              Thanks mate. I don' think so. All 4 tyres were deflated to the same value and only the LH rear was dead flat in the morn. There was some tight (very low speed) turning in that little bowl. All I can think of is I somehow parted the bead in one of those turns. 3 months later and there is no issue with the tyre holding pressure, so that's all I can put it down to .

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X