Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 31-05-17

can i fit 92 model cvs on to 94 model paj
Old 23-11-19

Hi folks,

A question on shifting from 2H to 4H on Super Select II - when engaging 4H for the first time after the car has been idle for a few days, the (upper) green lights blink for 10 sec or so before turning solid. Thereafter, for every subsequent engage/disengage, they change immediately. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23-11-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Hi folks,

A question on shifting from 2H to 4H on Super Select II - when engaging 4H for the first time after the car has been idle for a few days, the (upper) green lights blink for 10 sec or so before turning solid. Thereafter, for every subsequent engage/disengage, they change immediately. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks in advance.
Normal. Need trailing throttle and car moving.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 23-11-19
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
Yes. Theoretically, this should fix it. Worst case, you might need a gentle bend - as each wheel travels at a slightly different speed, that can help the disconnector to engage (or disengage, when going 4H to 2H).

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 23-11-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
Thanks, mate! My understanding is that the actuator pushes/pulls the actuator shaft in/out using vacuum power. If so, why does the car need to be in motion for that?
Old 23-11-19

Super Confused select has a different normal in every car. Im on my 3rd gen 2. First had to be rolling foward , second came out when stopped. Latest needs to be put in reverse. Nust accept what ever works and be happy if its consistent
Old 24-11-19

Did a quick check of the 4H engagement system today. Put the car on ramp and had my mech slot across 2H and 4H repeatedly. I could see the actuator shaft moving in/out couple of times before it stopped doing so. I then asked the guy to move the car forward a few inches and lo, I could see the shaft moving again. So, the car has to be in motion indeed, for this mechanism to work consistently. That said, the fact that the whole system is dependent on a bunch of rubber pipes carrying vacuum - quite prone to fault given the vulnerability of rubber tubes to rodent attack, corrosion, etc. - does not match up to the robust SUV that the Pajero is. Why could they not have given something like the Borg Warner mechanism with electronically engaging FWHs. Thoughts?
Old 24-11-19

But when it works it keeps working its,easy to forget that these are in some cases 30 years old and still working. The trick is to flick it in and out occasionaly
Old 25-11-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
But when it works it keeps working its,easy to forget that these are in some cases 30 years old and still working. The trick is to flick it in and out occasionaly
Agree! BTW, what is the flip-side of keeping the Pajero in 4H on a perpetual basis, other than marginally higher fuel consumption? Is it detrimental for the central differential in the long run?
Old 25-11-19

Ok the basics made easy 4h isnt 4h as we know it 4H-is more All wheel drive ,and 4H Locked center is 4wheel drive. Thats why most of us tow in 4h on the black top some just leave it in 4H all the time and if you actually notice an increase in fuel use in 4H your cheaper than I am.