• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caver
    • Aug 2014
    • perth wa

oil level switch specs/wiring.-urgent!

I've done the hard bit of fitting a Delica 4m40 motor into a Pajero. In the process I changed the sump to one with an oil level switch/gauge. can anyone give me the wiring or tell me if I can safely connect it to the old oil light and earth. It won't burn out etc when on????? If it's a magnetic reed switch it prob will, as they usually switch low currents 5-10mA, but a dash light is almost 500mA. Yes, I could buffer it with a transistor, but I need this resolved tonight, and be on my 400km way by 1030 tomorrow latest.
  • AndyNH91
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Adelaide Hills

Try http://www.mitsubishilinks.com if you haven't done so already.

There is the Montero electrical fsm which should have your wiring diags.
    Andrew

MQ Triton GLX+ dual cab ute, EGR canopy, roof vent, tubliner and towbar. 6 speed manual, almost stock

Treg 1.5T Offroad Trailer with Polyblock Hitch, genuine Pajero wheels, 2x spares, Cooper 31" ATRs, four jerry can holders, tie down rails and soon to come tonneau cover

Comment

• Caver
      • Aug 2014
      • perth wa

thanks. that told me it operates a relay through a nc switch. Found it odd that if oil cold and insufficient, switch was still closed. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If low oil at ANY time, I want to know! of course, it could be a misprint-after all, it is Mitsubishi. I'm just the long suffering mechanic, not the owner. I prefer Toyota, for some pretty obvious reasons, in spite of the cost.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X