Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackogre View Post
Just on the Inox treatment (and sorry to hijack the thread), would WD40 work as well or is there something special about Inox? I'm looking to prepare my Paj for a suspension lift) and the alignment to follow). Thanks.
Check the label.

The adjustment bolts go through steel sleeves in rubber bushes. I think WD40 isn't suitable for rubber, where Inox is.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via Skype™ to tomthx

@outbackogre +2. I was about to ask the same question. Thanks @nj swb.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack ANT View Post
I have Ultimate Shocks with Dobinson Springs and Air Bag man airbags. HD up front and medium duty at the rear with the airbags.

Overall i'm pretty happy though I think the shocks have faded a bit after the Cameron's Corner trip.

I expect that even though your van is smaller than previous you would still be better of using a WDH and not relying on the airbags.

If I had my time again I would have gone HD shocks and springs all round and used the WDH when towing. I feel the airbags reduce the limited articulation there is when off roading. Our van is 16ft off road but only weighs 1500kg max.

The airbags handle the weight of the van on the car but the WDH will distribute the weight more effectively.
Thanks for the info Jack. Just a quick question, wouldn't the use of a WDH negate the flexibility of the DO35 hitch?
Cheers.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthx View Post
Thanks for the info Jack. Just a quick question, wouldn't the use of a WDH negate the flexibility of the DO35 hitch?
Cheers.
Have a read of this;
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...FDL4GIZLogP8LE

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, +40mm std front Lovells, +50mm rear EHDVR Lovells, Bilsteins, Peddars 5899 bump stops, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II, torque convertor lockup indicator.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 1 Week Ago

My Pajero had Old Man EMU Nitrocharger sports suspension fitted at the dealer when I picked it up - including the Deluxe ARB Steel bar.
I have now done 128,000 ks and they are still as good as the day fitted. I have been on some very rough coastal and inland dirt roads - along with some challenging hill tracks. I installed the Air Man rear air bags when I began towing a lot more. Mixed experience with these - had the same side develop slow leaks - slow enough not to notice until out in the middle of nowhere, When I use them and in the function as intended they work well - noticeable improvement when getting close to the 3000kg mark.

Personally I would go the HD rear spring and do away with Airbags.
Old 1 Week Ago

Hi Everyone,
I gave ultimate suspension a call yesterday and spoke to Ken. He was very helpful and I'm heading there tomorrow to have the NT checked out. I'll keep you posted on how things go.
Thanks for all the feedback so far.
Cheers.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthx View Post
Hi Everyone,
I gave ultimate suspension a call yesterday and spoke to Ken. He was very helpful and I'm heading there tomorrow to have the NT checked out. I'll keep you posted on how things go.
Thanks for all the feedback so far.
Cheers.
Ultimate Suspension are good, I have Dobison/Billie 2 inch combo, when I bought the car I found the front to hard, so they put a set of softer dobis, put in a spacer to get the same ride height as the old ones, rides real nice now.
2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, BFG KO all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.
Old 1 Week Ago

Default M&M

I agree with the previous post about Ultimate Suspension. I ordered a kit after filling out their online form with the details of my NT. I fitted the kit myself, and the ride height and ride was exactly what I asked for. After 30,000km and the Oodnadata, Ghan, Tanimi, Gibb River and Mitchell Falls tracks, plus a lot more in between, the ride heights have not changed. Use them as a good starting point!
Old 3 Days Ago

Hi Again,

Ok, I met Ken and had a chat and got a quote, which was a bit of a shock, pardon the pun. He also mentioned the ball weight limitation of the NT, ie. If your van is over 2.5t then the ball weight permitted by the specs drops to 180kg. This gave me some concerns as I don't expect the new van to be more then 2.5t full, but as it's a single axle the ball weight, going by others for sale online, could be anywhere between 230kg to 260kg.
Ken mentioned that if it's more than 250kg then it's not covered under insurance. This became a bigger concern but after looking around online some more I came across this option.

My insurance covers modified lifts but I was interested in others opinions if I went for this option and my ball weight is 260kg is 40kg head room enough or do I need to look for a new tug?
Also had anyone else has this done, and if so what are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Tom.