Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 2 Pajero

Generation 2 Pajero NH - NL Models 1991 - 2000

Old 1 Week Ago

Default NJ Pajero engine rebuild

Hi guys,

Long time reader first time poster.

I recently killed my NJ 3.0 litre pajero and need to rebuild the bottom end. Luckily i have another NH so i have time to try and work on fixing up the NJ.

My question is: I live in a remote aboriginal community and there are lots of pajeros laying around so i pretty much have a good range of spares to choose from.

Considering all the spares laying around what would you guys reccomend as the best course of action for a rebuild?

Ive been reading that i can use the heads off a 6g74, the injector rail, crankshaft and the 24 valve. I was also planning to get hardened valve seats and chromed pistons from Darwin before i reinstall.

What do y'all think? Excuse me if ive said something stupid im a rookie mechanic but starting to do alot of repairs/mods on my own because im a tight arsse and i enjoy doing that kind a thing.

Regards,

Sparhawk
Old 1 Week Ago

You wanted to use the heads off the 3.5 Dohc / crank ? The heads should fit a 3.0 block as they are the same as NA GTO or 3000GT heads. The crank will work as the GTO guys take them and use them to make strokers. I would have the pistons coated but not with chrome. You would be better suited to find a wrecked 3.5 dohc and steal the whole motor and wiring harness if possible.
1997 NK (coil) 3.8 Mivec Hybrid motor, PNP Engine management, 3X lockers, extractors, Billstien 5100 shocks, king springs, GLX brake upgrade with slotted rotors front and back. 33inch MT's and 4.63 gears.