Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Introductions

Introductions Tell us about you and your rig.

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Mike from Nelson, NZ

I'm Mike - from Nelson which is at the top end of the South Island of NZ.

We have a 2004 Pajero with 3.2 DiD and 5 speed tip-tronic auto. I think it's an NP. The photo below shows it doing it's main job - towing the boat.

Not many mods: -
  • Rhino rack roof racks tracks;
  • Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth;
  • Heavy duty 12v cables to an Anderson plug on the tow bar (protected by a CB at the battery).
  • A spare set of rims with a suitable tread for beach launching the boat.

I recently bought a reversing camera to install. Our Paj has the light green monochrome screen which displays time, altitude, temperature and compass. it doesn't keep time properly so I'm thinking about removing it and fitting the reversing camera display unit in it's place.

This forum is fantastic. I came here to find out where the rear window washer bottle is. I've learned that already and few tips for installing reverse cameras
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160523_120234.jpg (187.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 1 Week Ago

Hi Mike,
Nice rig. The South Island is a lovely place.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Hi Mike, we are farming near Gore. There are a handful of kiwis on here.
Old 1 Week Ago

Nice place Nelson. Was there last year and hiked through the Abel Tasman National Park. If I was to ever move from Oz it would be to NZ South Island I reckon.

Only thing I didn't like about NZ is the price of diesel. Not cheap at all.

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, spare wheel lift, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, custom 3inch exhaust, Lovells + Bilstein 2 inch lift, DBA slotted brake rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer case breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB, Kings throttle controller and Scangauge II.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

From Raglan myself spent a few months in Nelson and a few years in and around invercargill miss nz heaps but the Weather is so much better here

.... and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Diesel is cheap at about $1.30 at the mo but petrol is the killer at about $2.35. We do have to pay road user charges on diesel vehicles which brings it up closer to petrol prices.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJV6 View Post
Diesel is cheap at about $1.30 at the mo but petrol is the killer at about $2.35. We do have to pay road user charges on diesel vehicles which brings it up closer to petrol prices.
My mistake, petrol I mean. Over $2 a liter hits your wallet hard.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, spare wheel lift, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, custom 3inch exhaust, Lovells + Bilstein 2 inch lift, DBA slotted brake rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer case breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB, Kings throttle controller and Scangauge II.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Word is itís going to be $3 before too long. Another 15c tax going on shortly. 😬