Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Radio problem solved

Still have the standard radio/cd player in the Pajero.

Last couple of weeks the radio hasn't been picking up the radio stations as good as it normally does.

Funny thing was it wasn't picking up the local station that broadcasts from about 30 km away but was picking up the Sydney stations about 100 km away.

Last weekend was going to check all the connections etc before asking here if any one had similar problems.
Thought I would give the inside a clean first as the floor was a bit dirty to be laying on to get up behind the dash.
Nothing cleans dust off the dashboard and out of all the nooks and crannies like the air compressor with the air blower attachment.
Blew around the radio and in the process. down the CD slot.

Radio seems to work perfectly now.

Must have been some dust in the electronics of the radio maybe?

Any one with more knowledge than me on those sorts of things care to comment?
2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter. In tow,Track Trailer T van.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryo View Post
Still have the standard radio/cd player in the Pajero.

Last couple of weeks the radio hasn't been picking up the radio stations as good as it normally does.

Funny thing was it wasn't picking up the local station that broadcasts from about 30 km away but was picking up the Sydney stations about 100 km away.

Last weekend was going to check all the connections etc before asking here if any one had similar problems.
Thought I would give the inside a clean first as the floor was a bit dirty to be laying on to get up behind the dash.
Nothing cleans dust off the dashboard and out of all the nooks and crannies like the air compressor with the air blower attachment.
Blew around the radio and in the process. down the CD slot.

Radio seems to work perfectly now.

Must have been some dust in the electronics of the radio maybe?

Any one with more knowledge than me on those sorts of things care to comment?
I wouldn't over-analyse this
You fixed it, you're now the radio station restorer expert here. Happy listening