• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terry1738
    • Oct 2012
    • terrigal

SCV where is it

Thought I would have a go at replacing this myself on my NS DiD but have run into 2 problems.
    The first problem is I cant find it.
    The Russian manual says it behind the front air intake but I have looked on the front of the motor and around the air con compressor and can not see anything that resembles it. There is another section on how to test it which includes a drawing possibly done by someone’s 4 year old as I cant see anything in the drawing that I can identify on the motor.
    So if some kind soul can give me some navigation instructions even which side of the motor would be a good start (although I am pretty sure its on the fuel filter side)
    The other issue I have run into is there are 2 models one ends in 0300 and 0360 I reckon if I can solve the first problem I will be able to solve the second problem but if there is a definitive answer that would be good.
    Thanks Terry
    Last edited by terry1738; 10-03-17, 02:34 PM. Reason: left out motor and model
    NS VRX DiD Auto 2' Lift Kit, EMU Suspension, Dual Battery, In Dash GPS, CB, New Engine, I love the car but she is not reciprocating
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• terry1738
      • Oct 2012
      • terrigal

Thanks

OK got it thanks heaps
      Terry
      NS VRX DiD Auto 2' Lift Kit, EMU Suspension, Dual Battery, In Dash GPS, CB, New Engine, I love the car but she is not reciprocating

Comment

• terry1738
        • Oct 2012
        • terrigal

replacing the sucker

OK got the sucker off. Would have been a lot quicker if I had realised the bolts were not hex head, tried 10mm spanner to big 9mm to small finally took a photo with my phone and see they are allan keys. Still hard to get out for my fat fingers I eventually reduced the small bend of a spare allan key and could turn it in the confined space.
        So rang Mitsu cost is $480 rang Repco $380 ebay $110 for the genuine part (they say) but the guy has a 99.7% happiness score so bring it on.
        Is there anything tricky in replacing the sucker if anyone knows let me know
        Thanks Terry

Comment

• Sandgroper
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Perth

I went the bay one as well. Only took 15 minutes to change, a little fiddly but straight forward so you shouldn't have any problems.
          NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

• Kingbrown
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2012
            • Port Augusta - SA

If the characteristics of the new scv are a close match to the old one then a simple swap may suffice.
            However I understand that a learning using a Mutt should be carried out to ensure that the charactetistics and response of the system are optimal.
            2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Sandgroper
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Perth

I read the same thing but after I changed mine it ran like a dream so I didn't bother about the Mutt. I think it's been a couple of years now, maybe I was just lucky.
              NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

• terry1738
                • Oct 2012
                • terrigal

Thanks

I hope this and the fuel filter fix the DPF problem but I am not holding my breath.
                I needed to do this in any as as the small o ring was really in a bad way and I had noticed surging every now and a again, bit disappointed my mechanic did not think of the svc in that regard since it seems such a common issue with surging. I will take it to mitsu and get a reset if it does not fix the DPF issue.
                Thanks for your help appreciated
                Terry

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X