Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 06-04-20

Default 3rd Seat Well Access - Fridge Slide

Gidday

I have made split access boards to replace the original 3rd seat one piece cover.
I used 9mm marine ply covered with carpet.

The idea was that I could place heavy items on the left hand side which is safely held in place because the fridge is tied down over the left side.
This leaves access available on the right hand side with plenty of space available to utilise.

I would now like to have a fridge slide on the left side but need your help on how to securely mount it to the floor? Has anyone already done this? Appreciate any assistance or advice.

Many thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3rd Seat well split cover.pdf (356.6 KB, 89 views)
File Type: pdf 3rd Seat Well LH Side Panel.pdf (409.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf 3rd Seat Well Completed.pdf (361.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf 3rd Seat Well RH side .pdf (346.2 KB, 39 views)

2017 NX GLS, Nudge Bar with 9" LED spotties, Tow Bar, 2" Lift Kit & airbags, Redarc Elec Brake Controller, Redarc Charger & dual Batteries, Rhino Platform Rack, KAP Industries fire extinguisher mounted front seat and Cooper AT3 tyres

Last edited by KeithN; 06-04-20 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Add Signature
Old 06-04-20

G'day Keith,

I think you are on the right track. I did a similar thing years ago and it has worked really well, very light weight, holds fridge in place and has shelves for plastic crates etc, allows access to storage under the split covers and it doesn't need an expensive fridge slide. see:

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=30009

Ray
NT Pajero (white), Smartbar, Warn winch, LightForce Lights, Safari snorkel, Provent 200, Lovells MD with Aussie Ryder shocks, Optima main and aux battery and 300w solar on roof with Victron 100/20 reg, Tvan Sport campertrailer.
Old 06-04-20

Default 3rd Seat Well Access - Fridge Slide

Nice job I've thought of doing this my self a few times. I find with the fridge on the left side you don,t really need a slide as access is good. But it is helpful to fix the fridge in place to stop it moving. I use the child seat anchor bolt on LHS and the tie down clip at the rear LHS.
Dan
Old 06-04-20

Thanks Ray, looks great.

Hey Dan, that is what I currently do but as I have 2 fridges one with a side open lid and one with a rear hinge thought they might be easier to get to with a fridge slide.

2017 NX GLS, Nudge Bar with 9" LED spotties, Tow Bar, 2" Lift Kit & airbags, Redarc Elec Brake Controller, Redarc Charger & dual Batteries, Rhino Platform Rack, KAP Industries fire extinguisher mounted front seat and Cooper AT3 tyres
Old 07-04-20

I did that and added tie down loops in the seat well, bolted through the back wall of the tub and with a hole for the strap to go through. Canít see it when the factory lid is on. front straps were around the cargo barrier anchors The problem I had was the ply sagging across the gap. I tried reinforcing the ply with ali angle and then a post onto the floor of the tub. Worked ok but not brilliant.

Iíve now changed fridges and needed to have a slide so got a Kings one but it was too wide. I made a new tray from alu angle and a ply base to just fit the fridge. I made a single piece ply false floor which bolts into the child seat anchors and the rearmost tie down points. With a hatch on the RHS for access. I used chair leg anchors from underneath the ply to bolt the slide down. Covered in carpet which I stapled rather than glued.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 07-04-20

Hi Gary

That sounds great - any pictures?

Cheers

Keith