Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 29-12-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisome View Post
Just did this twice....

The first time somehow the oil vanished, now I couldn't see where 18 ml of 1000 cwt oil went, the seal looked in place the bolts were tight, there were no oil smears. The second time I put some extra sealer around the rubber, and now it seems to be working perfectly.

Trisome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz View Post
I ended up putting in two tubes lol, with one it made no difference however its now a fuel eater so when im home next week im going to drain it fully again and put a single tube in, I think 30ml in the tube? so will put in 20?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfarru View Post
mine is still running perfectly 80,000 kms later and that's with one full tube. So I would say chuck the whole tube in.
My convo today with the young Toyo spare parts guy said their oil comes in 18ml, they use 2 18ml tubes in their Toyotas.
Ok, so Chrisfarru, was your purchase of the Toyota silicon oil a 30ml or 18ml???

Trisome, you only used 18ml? what extra sealer did you use?

Coopz, I am confused, did you use 36ml?

Any updates on how the fans are performing?

Lots of ??? I know! Any help appreciated.
Old 29-12-16

I started out with 1 Toyota tube from Penrith Toyota not sure of the amount. It made no difference. Due to timing of trip decided not to waste time and got a new visco clutch for $260. Recently decided with the old visco I may have cleaned it out too well so to test added another Toyota tube, still did not fix the problem, free spinning with ease both cold and when up to temp. Chris's instructions are excelant unfortunately it did not fix mine.
Wonder if water crossings up to the bonnet kill the viscos, hot then suddenly cold under water?
Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.
Old 29-12-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
I started out with 1 Toyota tube from Penrith Toyota not sure of the amount. It made no difference. Due to timing of trip decided not to waste time and got a new visco clutch for $260. Recently decided with the old visco I may have cleaned it out too well so to test added another Toyota tube, still did not fix the problem, free spinning with ease both cold and when up to temp. Chris's instructions are excelant unfortunately it did not fix mine.
Wonder if water crossings up to the bonnet kill the viscos, hot then suddenly cold under water?
Bloody hell Ocean, well thats cleared things up
Old 30-12-16
Valued Member

Rugga, mine is still running as good as the day after I rebuilt the fan. I will check the size of the tube later because I bought 2 but only used one.

Next - Bullbar - winch - larger tranny cooler
Old 30-12-16
Valued Member

Much appreciated

Last edited by RUGGA; 30-12-16 at 07:43 AM.
Old 30-12-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Ocean, did you test the bimetal strip?
Old 30-12-16

Mine is going fine 25,000 kms later, I used Permatex Aviation form a gasket to seal around the edges.

make sure you get that little oil scraper in the right place.

Trisome
Old 30-12-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisome View Post

make sure you get that little oil scraper in the right place.

Trisome
Roger that.

So just to be sure, you only used one, 18ml tube of oil?
Old 30-12-16

I used 2 tubes of Toyota fluid

Trisome
Old 31-12-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGA View Post
Ocean, did you test the bimetal strip?
As per Chris's instructions, working fine
Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.