Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 11-01-15
Valued Member

Nah it's not. It's pretty loose when cold but stiffens up when warm. When you first start the engine it "roars" for a few seconds but then settles down.
Old 11-01-15
Valued Member

Sweet. Thanks again.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...
Old 11-01-15

Great info, thanks, now I have something to do next week-end.

Trisome
Old 27-01-15

Just did this twice....

The first time somehow the oil vanished, now I couldn't see where 18 ml of 1000 cwt oil went, the seal looked in place the bolts were tight, there were no oil smears. The second time I put some extra sealer around the rubber, and now it seems to be working perfectly.

Trisome
Old 27-01-15
Valued Member

Hmm that's awkward, did you notice any oil spill around the area?

UPDATE
During the first 1000 km I noticed that it wasn't disengaging as well as it should when the engine was cold. My fuel consumption went from 17L/100km to 20L/100km (on LPG). Nowadays it runs much better after 1000 km and I am getting 18L/100km. It roars on start-up then disengages after a few seconds. I notice it re-engaging when engine is warm.

Mind you when I was getting 17L/100km, the viscous clutch fan was completely shot so I was probably getting better mileage than I should have. Yesterday towing 1.5 ton in 37 degree weather, front and rear AC running full blast, driving for hours and in heaps of Sydney traffic the engine temps never went beyond 85 degrees. Before I was constantly hitting 105 degrees under same conditions. I love this fix!
Old 13-05-16

One thing to note if you do this like I just did turn the fan shaft up for an hour before installing as it may no work until you do this as the oil has to run into the right place
Old 14-05-16
Valued Member

I took a few kms before it was running ok and oil moved in the right places. It's well over 50,000 kms now after the rebuild and still running strong.

Next - Bullbar - winch - larger tranny cooler
Old 14-05-16
Valued Member

I put a brand new one in mine but I'm not happy with it. Was supposed to be a Davies Craig replacement but had no markings or branding. I reckon it's too tight even after 5000km of run-in and I suspect it is a cheap copy. Pity I through the original away, although it's bearing was fairly sloppy.
Old 17-07-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfarru View Post
I took a few kms before it was running ok and oil moved in the right places. It's well over 50,000 kms now after the rebuild and still running strong.
I ended up putting in two tubes lol, with one it made no difference however its now a fuel eater so when im home next week im going to drain it fully again and put a single tube in, I think 30ml in the tube? so will put in 20?
Old 18-07-16
Valued Member

mine is still running perfectly 80,000 kms later and that's with one full tube. So I would say chuck the whole tube in.

Next - Bullbar - winch - larger tranny cooler