Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Mechanical

Mechanical Discussion of mechanical matters

Old 04-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM4X4 View Post
No need tell them anything. Just unplug the OBD2 cable which removes power from the auto-mate control unit. Internally, the relays revert to factory wiring. The car will be back to normal, and act like auto-mate isn't there.
Great, that's easy, thanks.

BTW, for those intending to install, a tip. Whilst its possible to remove the centre console with the gear selector in park, its easier if it's in neutral. However, to get it out of park, the engine has to be on. So its best to remember to move the lever to neutral before you disconnect the battery and do the first stage of the install (the ECU bit).
Old 04-04-20
Super Moderator

Another tip is once the console is removed, immediately refit the gear knob as this protects the selector plunger shaft that is made of brittle plastic and can be easily broken off.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 04-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Another tip is once the console is removed, immediately refit the gear knob as this protects the selector plunger shaft that is made of brittle plastic and can be easily broken off.

OJ.

Pity you didn't tell us that earlier Jack...lol..

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 04-04-20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Pity you didn't tell us that earlier Jack...lol..
Sorry Dicko, I have had my console out dozens of times when working with Marshall on both Lockup and Auto Mate and I had never had an issue with leaving the gear selector in N and the gear knob off. However after a few people accidentally broke the selector pin off, I started to refit the gear knob as a precaution. It also enables you to more the gear selector into Drive and across to Sports shift which gives you a bit more room to work with when disconnecting and reconnecting the wiring loom plug.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 05-04-20

I only managed to read about 5 pages, speed read another 3 and gave up after that. Felt my head imploding. Had to release the stress by jumping on to CA ANZ website and read about all those wonderful new accounting standards that are mandatory for reporting periods beginning 1 Jan 2019
Old 05-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
I only managed to read about 5 pages, speed read another 3 and gave up after that. Felt my head imploding. Had to release the stress by jumping on to CA ANZ website and read about all those wonderful new accounting standards that are mandatory for reporting periods beginning 1 Jan 2019

Old 06-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post

OJ.
Good idea. I'll add it to the installation manual.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available
Old 07-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
Good idea. I'll add it to the installation manual.
M and M, have you thought of making an insert piece to fit between the plug and ECU rather than having to cut and solder the wires? Would this make the unit much more expensive or is it technically difficult to do? It would make installation much easier.
Old 07-04-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithyv View Post
Agree on all these points except autos putting more torque to the wheels and are great for towing.

Maybe not more torque than a manual but perhaps better spread. And definitely not better for towing unless TC is locked up.

I suppose better for towing could be the lack of manual clutch which IS better for getting things off the mark vs a manual / slipping the clutch etc.

Once up to speed no.
Please read this.. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque_converter

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundy55 View Post
M and M, have you thought of making an insert piece to fit between the plug and ECU rather than having to cut and solder the wires? Would this make the unit much more expensive or is it technically difficult to do? It would make installation much easier.
Yes, obviously looked into it. Haven't been able to source the required parts, and the labour to make it is high. I'd like one day to see if it can be achieved though.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available