• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scooby
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2011
    • Ipswich, Qld.

The shielding is for electrical interference. So if the camera wiring doesn’t have it, it probably won’t be a problem as it is out in the spare wheel away from most electrical items. Just need to figure out which is the negative camera power wire from the negative shield wire.
    The wiring colours from the Russian site do not match your colours but the connector pin numbers might be the same.
    Hopefully the attachment is not fuzzy.
    Attached Files
    Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• gas55
      • Apr 2015
      • Port Macquarie

My old rear camera picture was in the rear vision mirror which was fairly useless.
      Put a head unit in and got a camera from Dig Options for about $40 (3 yrs, ago).
      It fitted perfectly in the old slot, took the two screen wires back to the unit, and the power feed from the right hand reverse light.
      Hardest part was getting through the wiring harness to the back door.
      Has worked perfectly with/without grid and has a very wide viewing angle.
      Sound also turns down when reverse is engaged.
      I've also been having a lot more trouble with stuff from China lately, either crappy quality or not what was claimed.
      Greg
      Greg

Comment

• Ole
        • Jul 2023
        • Peregian Beach

Hi, I am hoping to do the same, replace my factory camera with a new one (keeping the factory head unit). Did anyone successfully replace the camera on their Pajero? Thank you

Comment

• Ole
          • Jul 2023
          • Peregian Beach

Hi,
          just in case anyone wants to know, this is a photo of my factory reversing camera wiring. I bought a new camera on amazon, and wired it in (replacing the factory camera). The new camera came it a RCA lead, which I had to cut to expose the wires, and then connect it to old wires. After a bit of trial and error, we got it working.
          Ole
          Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X