Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 20-02-14
Valued Member

I run to 15k services..
oil testing shows that the oil is fine and would . most likely go further.

oil fklter every 15k. air if required. fuel every 30k.

dealer nope.

Michael
2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.
Old 20-02-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
Is that the same with petrol engines?

same effect different cause, in diesel it is the build up of soot, in petrol it is a build up of carbon.
Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica
Old 20-02-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig52 View Post
On another note,are Fumoto quick valves avialable in Australia,i've checked ebay and the price of freight is dearer than the plug it's self from USA.Sorry off topic. Craig
I'm using one 106n this is with nipple don't need the adapter for recessed.
you can google fumoto Australia and the guy will ship it for 9 bucks around 40 odd dollars I think it was.
NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC
Old 20-02-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PradoEater View Post
I'm using one 106n this is with nipple don't need the adapter for recessed.
you can google fumoto Australia and the guy will ship it for 9 bucks around 40 odd dollars I think it was.
Cheers thanks for that Craig
Old 29-02-20

Hi All

Ive recently bought a pre DPF 2016 NX Pajero 3.2 diesel , i'm not yet aquainted with the vehicle coming from a petrol Hilux , Patrol and Landcruiser back ground

For last 120,00km since purchased my UZJ100 4.7 V8 Cruiser i been using ULX110 10w/30 Custom Blend Engine Oil and Gear Oils made in Adelaide Sth Aust

This oil was recommend to me by a diesel truck mechanic who showed me oil analysis reports on severe driving conditions and extended oil change intervals in truck diesel engines where the oil retained its additive package protecting the engine , this would certainly fit the conditions of low range 4wding on tracks that take four to five hours to complete , sand driving , commuting in slow city traffic and towing

Further enquires amongst mate's revealed this is a popular engine oil with car enthusiasts/restorers with performance petrol modified engines for show in drag and circuit racing .

ULX110 make Diesel Supreme but only in 15w40 , and i was curious if that fits in the the recommended viscosity range for the NX and if any of you have any personal feedback of this product for passenger diesel engines

cheers

Last edited by Yeorgos; 29-02-20 at 10:32 AM.
Old 29-02-20

I use Atlantic Oil and they are awesome
NW lube guide
https://www.atlanticoil.com/oil-advice
I use the semi synthetic oil.
Old 29-02-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeorgos View Post
Hi All

Ive recently bought a pre DPF 2016 NX Pajero 3.2 diesel , i'm not yet aquainted with the vehicle coming from a petrol Hilux , Patrol and Landcruiser back ground

For last 120,00km since purchased my UZJ100 4.7 V8 Cruiser i been using ULX110 10w/30 Custom Blend Engine Oil and Gear Oils made in Adelaide Sth Aust

This oil was recommend to me by a diesel truck mechanic who showed me oil analysis reports on severe driving conditions and extended oil change intervals in truck diesel engines where the oil retained its additive package protecting the engine , this would certainly fit the conditions of low range 4wding on tracks that take four to five hours to complete , sand driving , commuting in slow city traffic and towing

Further enquires amongst mate's revealed this is a popular engine oil with car enthusiasts/restorers with performance petrol modified engines for show in drag and circuit racing .

ULX110 make Diesel Supreme but only in 15w40 , and i was curious if that fits in the the recommended viscosity range for the NX and if any of you have any personal feedback of this product for passenger diesel engines

cheers
It is a 40 weight oil & 15 when cold "w" for winter.
Your engine has few k's on clock I gather & presumption only you don't live in sub zero temperature climate and -20 on a winters day?

15W-40 is quite a common grade used in diesel engines.

If you find she turns over a bit steady at start up in winter due to your climate you could conisder a lighter oil maybe 10W-40.

Your Mitsy engine could easily be fitted to a truck or your 4WD or a tractor for arguement sake.

If you like that oil, use it, if in doubt & a great idea, schedule oil sample first time round intermediate of oil change & when it is due & see what you find.

Then it is no guess or anyones opinion.