• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluepajee
    • Dec 2019
    • Melbourne

Me and my new 95 paj 4m40 td

Hello! Just gave up on a bronco restoration (got a working but dissasembled truck in dandenong VIC if you're keen for parts, performance research LPG 351c 5.8lt. bit of rust in fire wall, jams and pillars .

So bought an NJ Pajero instead! Club plates was a must, engine is tired but 1 owner since new and well loved / garaged. Got 337 clicks on the clock, leather interior from the exceed, ARB bull bar, radios, drawers, roof racks, 2" lift (not sure if body too) ARB fog lights, warn winch, dual battery - pretty stoked!!)

Blowing smoke under load from exhaust but maybe exhaust manifold leak is having issues and sending it through the turbo then getting some unburnt fuel
    Through the exhaust. Not massively mechanically inclined but keen to learn, love the idea of mechanical injected diesels.

I've seen reco'd injectors from eBay for $200 a set!!@*$#
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/252899768945@*$#

Anyone know about these guys?

Once cash back is sorted, when the car is reving in neutral and the turbo kicks in it seems like it's miss firing a little bit, so wondering if replacing injectors is worth while (previous owner had em cleaned 130,000 ago and also had head re done 87,000 km again (apparently, no receipts to prove it)

Keen to also do a compression test while I'm at it, a blowby test if possible, adjust valve lash while I'm at it too, anything else I should be doing while I'm in there?

Might throw In a thicker oil to account for engine wear and do a big trip to Robe over NY in SA, see how much oil it's tearing through before I get down and dirty with pulling it apart to get an idea what's going on with engine (I'm aware older diesels especially these blow a bit regardless - usually 'black' I read though whereas mine is whitish/bluesih - hope not the rings!!)

Anyway, assuming I get the engine happy, would like to upgrade turbo (maybe just increase the Psi To 13-16) and do the diaphragm adjustment and space out the wastegate? And try and weld up a 3" straight through stainless exhaust for it - worth doing or are there other areas I'll get more bang for buck out of?

I'll have it on club plates and will drive it no more than 90 days in a a year, lots of just touring - but I'd like something with a little more up and go.

Anyway super glad to be apart of such a wealth of knowledge forum!@*$#

Also, any reputable people who know these engines well in melb in case I get stuck? Tried Ben at Delica garage and he said he only deals with delicas (Geelong) and he passed me onto Steve at Bayswater automotive..... Thanks so much, hopefully ive not@*$#got a lemon!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X