• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donovanchew
    • May 2017
    • Western Australia

Boos bash plates

Has anyone had any problems with Boos bash plates? I'm tossing over bushskinz and boos.
    MY16 NX GLS, MM Alloy bar, Digitech DC-1122 UHF, Bilstein/Lovell 2" HD front SD rear, rhino rack basket, EDS
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

No problems with mine, very happy and because I live not too far away, I had them fitted. I got the full set and they saved me big time when we went over some rocks churned up by roadworks when coming around a blind corner near Birdsville. Highly recommended and no affiliation.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Hatto
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Mandurah WA

I have the set of 3 boos plates. Slightly bent the intercooler plate when I nudged up against a rock step. So I've welded in some bracing and it has improved it's strength considerably. Boo's plates are 3mm and bushskins are 4mm. If your budget allows, and you are after something that'll take a beating on the tracks then I'd go for bushskins. But if it's just to improve on your factory protection for lighter duty stuff then Boo's plates are great value for money. And if you are handy with a welder then go for Boo's and strengthen the front intercooler plate and you'll have a cheap set of plates that'll also take a decent hit.
      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

Boo's now does a 4mm option for many of his plates. He is also a Pajero owner and long term member of this forum.

I have 3mm Boo's sump, transmission and transfer case guards and have not had an issue (I went Bushskinz for the intercooler as, at the time, Boo's didn't have a 4mm option).

I actually also just bought a Boo's rear bar protector which I installed yesterday. Haven't had a chance to 'test' it yet but it was easy to fit at comes 4mm thick as standard.

I'm happy to recommend Boo's.
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• dhula
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • South of Perth

I got Bushskinz intercooler+sump combo initially as Boo's where 3mm at that time and I wanted as much protection as I could get. I was still concerned with the Tx etc even though we don't do rock hopping in the Paj
          Later on down the track I went for Boo's Tx, Tcase and fuel tank guards as wanted a balance between cost, weight and protection considering our use of the Paj. I've still to get orf my bum and fit the fuel tank guard though.
          Boo was easy to deal with, the guards were easy to fit and they have done their job once already by protecting the Tx sump from a recalcitrant chunk of tree (a branch about 80mm in diameter) that flicked up and hit the guard. The guards also seem to protect the underside from sand collection when driving on the beach which is a good thing I reckon as sliding over sand is easier on the car than digging in to it.
          I also have the RRSP at the back to help protect the rear bumper which has saved things a number of times in the sand already so I think Boo's will be similar
          Last edited by dhula; 10-09-17, 02:46 PM.
          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• JoshF
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
            Boo's now does a 4mm option for many of his plates. He is also a Pajero owner and long term member of this forum.
            I know this isn't really a peeing match but Kieron has been a member on this forum since 2007 and owned a NS Shorty which is where his underbody protection first started
            NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
            Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Strings
              • Nov 2014
              • Mt Evelyn

I have all of Boo's plates fitted and have managed to engrave them with plenty of rock scratches etc. and still all good.

2 weeks ago I fitted his rear protection plate and yes it now has some scrape marks on it, I would imagine that if I did not have it I would be re adjusting the rear plastic bumper again.

Comment

• Apollo
                • Dec 2016
                • Cooloola Coast QLD

Got Boos on my PC. Easy to deal with and good price Have the 4mm ones.

Comment

• DaKaptin
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Brisbane, Qld

how heavy?

hi folks,

just considering weight I understand from my readings somewhere here the transmission cover for the Bushskinz are around 25Kgs,

does anyone know how much the Boos bash plates weigh??

or even some of the thinner competitors plate weights?

I'm considering the bushskinz for the intercooler/sump now which I can remove and refix to my new NX when I get it and mix it up a bit to save weight for the transmission/ rear if possible down the track
                  2017 NX Pajero Exceed with:TJM AIRTEK snorkel, HPD oil catch can, KAON i/c and sump bash plates, BushSkinz Elite transmission and transfer case plates, Boo's rear bumper plate. Stock NW 17" rims with Cooper ST MAXX @ 265/70r17

Wish list: smart Bar or ARB B/B with Carbon 12k winch, +50mm suspension, Eatons front e locker,

Gone: 2004 NP PAJERO EXCEED with 3.8L petrol and 290,000ks of memories

Comment

• &Roo
                    • Sep 2016
                    • Croydon HIlls

I emailed Boos this this question myself a few weeks back as I'm weighing up the same question - the answer was "The intercooler and sump weigh about 13 kgs and the transmission about 10kgs."

Comment

• jkwpajero
                      • Jun 2008
                      • Young, NSW

I have both fitted to my NW. A Bushskinz intercooler guard, as I wanted a thicker one for that, and Boo's sump guard and rear protector. Both very easy to deal with and both have a good product. It comes down to what you need, as opposed to what you are being told you need. And the cost does come into the equation too.
                      2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• DaKaptin
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Brisbane, Qld

thanks fellas. Boo sent me a PM advising as much. 10kg transmission guard vs 20 odd for the bush skinz is a big amount especially when installing yourself.

Im more interested in sticks etc not having free range of motion up there when off road. happened once to us and dislodged the diesel return line.
                        2017 NX Pajero Exceed with:TJM AIRTEK snorkel, HPD oil catch can, KAON i/c and sump bash plates, BushSkinz Elite transmission and transfer case plates, Boo's rear bumper plate. Stock NW 17" rims with Cooper ST MAXX @ 265/70r17

Wish list: smart Bar or ARB B/B with Carbon 12k winch, +50mm suspension, Eatons front e locker,

Gone: 2004 NP PAJERO EXCEED with 3.8L petrol and 290,000ks of memories

Comment

• The Bells
                          • Mar 2014
                          • Melbourne

We've got the full bushskinz set, including rear protector. Can be easily installed by one person on a driveway. You just need a trolley jack to roll the transmission plate into place to then bolt up. Kieron from bushskinz can explain.

Whilst I can't comment on boo gear, our bushskinz protection plates have copped a pounding and have been excellent. I'm personally not concerned about any weight issues, I'd rather have the strength and performance when you need it most.
                          2014 Pajero NW VRX 3.2 DID - Auto; Kumho Road Venture AT51 (275/65 R18); OME Nitrocharger Sports shocks and OME springs; MM rear locker; Bushskinz (full set and rock sliders); ARB deluxe bar; Warn Magnum 8K winch (upgraded/sealed/synthetic rope); Safari snorkel; Narva Ultima 225 50W HIDs/ Arleo Lightsaber 11'' 60W LED light bar; Redarc SBI12: Century N70ZZL4WD/ Exide Stowaway MSDP24; Icom IC-440N/ GME AE4018; and Icom IC-41W.

Comment

• WhipIt
                            • Jan 2017
                            • Lower Hunter Valley NSW

I also have a full set of Bushskinz from front to back and a set of the steps/rock sliders. Couldn't recommend them enough. Have crossed the Simpson, been up to Fraser and bounced up rock ledges out the back of Newcastle here and no damage to date. I fitted all the gear myself in the garage and often remove the entire set to give the underneath a good wash. Very easy, well made and built to last.
                            MY17 NX Pajero GLX - TJM Outback Bullbar, Bushskinz Underbody and sliders, Dual Batteries, FyrLyt Nemesis 9000 Driving Lights, Rhino Pioneer, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Recaro drivers seat, Uniden 8080, GME Aerial, Homemade drawers, Primus 74L Fridge, iDrive Throttle controller, Munji EGR, 275/70R17 BFG KO2's, CSA Krawla 17x8's, Tints, 2" Lovells lift,

Comment

• 06PAJ
                              • May 2017
                              • Brissy

Any pics of the rear bumber plates ?
                              Have almost lost 2 bumpers on fraser now
                              2006 NS V6 EXCEED - SOLD
                              2014 NW 3.2L VRX
                              Wetseat Covers, Kings 9" LED driving lights

Comment

Matched content

Collapse