X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mudlova
    • May 2015
    • australia

haha yep that movie should be burnt. I wouldn't mind exploring out there but at the moment the only power I have is a gen set on the camper and would have to set up something similar to yours if we stayed out in more remote area to far from the station house. One day we should organize a family (I have 2 kids eldest is 6 and the Mrs who would love it there) camp out for members from WA or those visiting WA that want to come out and explore around there, I can stay closer to ammenaties at moment due to gen set or can stay further out if I can get the Paj sorted lol.
    Last edited by mudlova; 23-06-15, 05:53 PM.
    No longer own a Pajero

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Camping in the campground or camping in the back blocks makes no difference as the campground isn't powered. The only thing the campground provides is 2 toilets and 2 showers of average quality and if you have kids, more kids for them to play with. Hence, when I'm solo with the tin lid, I go where the kids are.

You should really spend a couple of hundred on a 120W panel. At most times, these are invaluable and compared to the cost of a camper in the first place, its peanuts.

It has been suggested we do a trip up this way. MHS, Ninghan, MOA, Wooleen etc. has all been suggested. Problem being is getting everyone with enough time off at the same time to make it a worthwhile prospect. It has been said that its a long way for a long weekend considering fuel cost alone. I would agree with that. Trying to organise a group to take a week off at the same time will probably never happen But we can live in hope I guess. BTW, I've got another solo Wheatbelt/Goldfields trek coming up in about 7 weeks time. I've been away so much this year, its bloody awesome
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• mudlova
        • May 2015
        • australia

I agree it doesn't matter if campsite or back blocks but sometimes I worry my gen set is a bit noisy and may annoy others if the grounds are very busy (I may need a quieter one lol).I'm the same we prefer to go where the kids are due to as you know if the kids are happy and can play and explore then the experience is much better then them just being stuck by themselves unhappy as its for their enjoyment aswell.

I tried searching for the places on ebay for the 120w panels that I found from another post on the forum, but couldn't find it as the link for the must have been moved ( I will look when at home as my work computers don't allow ebay )

I've got holidays From Nov to march and will be travelling a bit then down south and would like to get some sorted to charge the car battery.
        I hear you on the travelling, its always great to just get away. Now we have the new to us fuel economical Paj (we were converted from a fuel guzzling 95 series petrol Prado who's duel tanks used to run out towing the camper at leeman/greenhead when traveling north ) we will be travelling a lot more. you never know we might run into others from the forum on our adventures
        No longer own a Pajero

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

If the panels are the ones from Bit Deals, from whom I've purchased a few from over the years, and mentioned more than a few times on the forum,

then this link will help:

His pricing varies a lot. At one stage he had all his panels listed at $1000. I believe he did this as he had no stock????

Put the sized panel you are interested in on your watch list. Check it regularly as they often run specials.

My first lot of 120's were non mppt controller and I paid $240. That must have been near 5 years back. The last lot I got for $189 with mppt a couple of years back. I have seen them as low as $169 in the past.

I need to add - I have had some minor cabling issues (nothing a soldering iron wouldn't fix) and the legs are pretty average. But take all that into account and they are good value for money. When at Mt magnet, my panels blew over and broke a leg. A bit of alli tube, some brackets a few screws and rivets and its now better than before. I peg my panels in windy conditions as I've returned to camp a few times now to find the panels face down in the dirt. A single drilled hole through the frame, which a carabiner attached to a guy rope goes.

Holidays from Nov - March...Lucky bugger. I have a couple of weeks off mid Jan. If you want to hook our kids up at a camp for a week, let me know. Obviously at that time of year, it will be in the south west somewhere.

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• mudlova
            • May 2015
            • australia

Thanks heaps for that info I will look for the panels and keep an eye out for specials. Sounds good for Jan we will be leaving Esperance on 8th as wife has to work but will probably head down that way again when she is off again for more fun as we have 4 days in between her working unless she can swap a shift then we will have a week spare. If you head down let me know where and will try get down there as it's always good to get out and show the kids more of our great state
            No longer own a Pajero

Comment

• scorpion 42
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2011
              • London. uk

Hi shane,I know your busy working your nuts off, hope you are OK, did you get my emails, dont worry about repying, as I fully understand you rushed off your legs and feet at work and by the time you get home from work, you will be good for nothing
              but bed and kip, anyhow take care and try a little rest,before you go running for the bush. take care,regards Jack. scorpion42.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Originally posted by scorpion 42 View Post
                Hi shane,I know your busy working your nuts off, hope you are OK, did you get my emails, dont worry about repying, as I fully understand you rushed off your legs and feet at work and by the time you get home from work, you will be good for nothing
                but bed and kip, anyhow take care and try a little rest,before you go running for the bush. take care,regards Jack. scorpion42.
                Sorry mate, I have received all of them. I will respond. Not working my nuts off, but have been tied up this week planning yet another trip to the goldfields. Sorry for the delay, its coming

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Thornlie/Perth

I am off up to Murchison House Station for four nights, departing this Saturday.
                  Can't wait to get away for a few days after reading your blog again!
                  2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                  3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Onslow
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • Perth, Western Australia

Steve; make sure you head out West towards the gorges, there are some nice pools worth camping at out there, swimming and fishing opportunities too
                    NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• stevemc181
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Onslow View Post
                      Steve; make sure you head out West towards the gorges, there are some nice pools worth camping at out there, swimming and fishing opportunities too

Thanks Onslow, I'll check it out for sure!
                      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                        I am off up to Murchison House Station for four nights, departing this Saturday.
                        Can't wait to get away for a few days after reading your blog again!
                        Awesome. Have a great time. You'll wish you came with me to the goldfields this Saturday once you read that report when I get back

Tell Belinda and Callum I said G'day.

(download and change google earth placemark.txt to .kmz to view in GE.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by sharkcaver; 05-08-15, 10:38 PM.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X