Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Upgrade center display to factory big screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juanchos
    • May 2019
    • Carolina

Easy

Quite easy to do, just relocate to the lower pocket or cd changer position. Its a little time consuming but a great weekend project.

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

Have you seen this thread …

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=19897

I’ve also got these notes saved which may have come from the above thread and/or others. I gave them to the bloke who put the new unit in mine and he said he didn’t have any problems whatsoever …

To complete this you need to remove the six stack in the slot and replace with the air-con vent controls.

The process of removing the centre surrounds to get to the stacker has been posted by forum members (thanks King Triton) so I won’t replicate here (link to process below).

To remove the radio surround is simple (also posted by other members)

Remove two screws to the top and use a flat screw driver / chisel to push in at the bottom four locations and pull the surround down from the top and out. Unclick the hazard light loom.
      To remove the air con / vent unit
      1. Unscrew four corner screws of unit and pull unit out
      2. Unclip 3 loom connectors at back of unit
      3. Unclip Vent Dial cable eye on underside of unit
      4. Unclip Temperature Dial cable eye on underside of unit
      5. Remove unit.

The vent and temperature cables are connected like a brake cable in two locations

1. The cable eye is connected to a plastic lug on the underside of the unit. The
      plastic lug has push-in springs on each side to hold the cable eye on.

2. 25 mm down the cable, the cable is crimped by a spring type clip which is pushed
      in to the underside of the unit.

Unclipping the cables from the unit stumped me for a while hence the post to show how I removed them.

I used a 7 mm open end spanner and slid if over the plastic lug to push in the springs. I held the spanner in place and pulled the cable eye down at the same time. You will need to access the underside of the unit from the lower din slot.
      Next was unclipping the cable from the unit. You need to use a small flat screw driver and push in the clip housing from the top to compress the clip so that is slides out of the unit. Takes a bit of fiddling around but if you put the screw driver to the back of the clip housing (front of car) and lever forward it will compress the clip and you can pull the cable down from underneath with your other hand.
      The unit should now be free.

Relocating the unit to the bottom single din was pretty simple.

1. Place in single din slot
      2. Plug in 3 looms
      3. Reconnect Vent Cable (left cable) eye to plastic lug on the underside of the unit and push spring clip holding the cable sheath back up into back of unit.
      4. Reconnect Temperature Cable (right cable) eye to plastic lug on the underside of
      the unit.

If you try to clip the spring clip holding the cable sheath back up into the back of the unit you will find the metal sub-frame in the way. Some have notched this to fit the cable and some have used cable ties. I selected the cable ties which is really quick and simply.

You need to pull the cable down the outside of the metal frame from the top where it was previously located and attach the ties as detailed. The ties need to be securely fastened to the spring clip to prevent the sheath moving when the Temperature Dial is moved.

Cheers
      Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Lance
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2009
        • Melbourne

That post needs to be a '' Sticky '' Geoff

Last edited by Lance; 14-11-19, 09:46 AM.
        2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
        2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Moci
          • Sep 2014
          • Balkan, Europe

Originally posted by juanchos View Post
          In the americas the Montero (pajero in EU) the XLS does not have a screen just a small clock like 1 inch big, I replaced the existing with the android nexus tablet glued from the inside and connected to ACC for power with a USB connector and bluetooth OBD reader.

Actually this is my second build, years ago I build another one for my first montero:

https://s153.photobucket.com/user/popi79/library?page=1
          One thing just is making problems here. When you don't turn engine on for about few weeks for some reason, how did you turn on tablet later? Because batery would get too low and tablet will turn off. When you turn engine on, tablet will begin to charge but won't turn on.
          You must disassemble center console to turn tablet on again or you manage to solve this other way?

I was thinking of doing that but I figured out to stay with factory Exceed screen because in EU we have compas, barometer, temp... color screen. And android double din worked all out.
          NP Pajero 3.2DiD auto GLS Exceed 2004 LWB Gold metallic color, 275/50 R20 MAK wheels ET20 polished, 2" Lift kit, EGR blanked off, Chip, Leather electric seats, Xenon lights, LED/Angel eyes projector headlights, Led daytime lights in bumper, Led roof lights, Led tail lights, Full led interior, Led dash, Color factory display, Chrome bullbar, Dual battery, Rear spoiler with lip, Tinted windows, Kenwood sound system, TeamHeko wind deflectors, 2din DVD player with reverse camera and GPS navigation

Comment

• jungleboy
            • Oct 2022
            • Nairobi

Anyone managed to update their RV meter ? Are the different models compatible with the harnesses?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X