X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f-wolf
    • Jul 2019

Tax

Last edited by f-wolf; 12-11-19, 12:15 PM.
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Maybe it depends on the company. I've just got a tool from the US which cost $160 aussie dollars and it was here in a week. No issues.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by f-wolf View Post
      GST ...

Just placed an order with RockAuto in the USA for a PCV Valve ...

When I tried to pay for it I got this message ...

Your government forbids us to ship to your country because we are not registered for local sales tax. We comply with tax laws in the US and Canada but do not have the capacity to administer taxes in other countries.

Not happy Jan

Never had any problems before !!

Thank you very much AU Government

Don't think you have understood what has been said in the large red font.

Comment

• MSF
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2009
        • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Don't blame the Gumbyment - Blame Gerry Harvey - he is the twat that pushed for ALL international retailers to be forced to charge GST so his overpriced Hardly Normal stores were not put at a disadvantage...
        Last edited by MSF; 11-11-19, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Pixie_au
          • Apr 2019
          • Queensland

Originally posted by MSF View Post
          Don't blame the Gumbyment - Blame Gerry Harvey - he is the twat that pushed for ALL international retailers to be forced to charge GST so his overpriced Hardly Normal stores were not but at a disadvantage...
          Spot on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• f-wolf
            • Jul 2019

Last edited by f-wolf; 12-11-19, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• spot01
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Adelaide

Yes I have !!

Your government forbids us to ship to your country because ...

I have been getting parts from RockAuto USA for many years ...Never had any problems!

Someone from the AU Government Tax Department must have put a stop to it ...

Went to Amazon and got what I wanted ! ... for less than half what AU Dealers wanted !
              It is the Australian GST changes which now require overseas suppliers to collect & remit GST to our Feds when we buy goods from overseas (which I think is fair enough, as we all have to pay our taxes & it did disadvantage Australian businesses & therefore local employment before the change). Unfortunately it means some overseas businesses don't want to register for our GST due to the extra admin & therefore they can't legally sell to us.
              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2016
                • Greater Sydney

!

Oh dear.

Comment

• Just Cruzin
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2014
                  • Pakenham

Yes I have !!

Your government forbids us to ship to your country because ...

I have been getting parts from RockAuto USA for many years ...Never had any problems!

Went to Amazon and got what I wanted ! ... for less than half what AU Dealers wanted !
                  Amazon is registered to pay GST because they have an Australian branch.
                  I know nobody reads the terms and conditions, but even Ebay sent a recent update saying GST would autocratically be added to overseas purchases.
                  Companies not supplying goods to Australia will become more prevalent in the future.
                  99 NL Exceed with air in tyres

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X