• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jasonmc73
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2019
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
    The NT (and NW) have a partial torque converter lockup mode which improves fuel economy. It kicks in under light acceleration in 4th gear (~40-50kph), and 5th gear (60-80kph).
    You'll see the RPM drop from 1500 to about 1250.

They removed this feature in the NX.

So, if you drive like a grandpa the NT/NW is actually more fuel efficient than the NX (even pre-DFF). Why do they advertise the same fuel economy? . Maybe the AS test conditions don't cause the partial lockup mode to activate - or they're lying...never
    What would Automate type control do to NX regarding this matter?
    Does it superseed the change between models as mentioned?
    I presume it would?
    & why did they remove this, must have been A reason? Cant see how it helps emmssions, maybe it does?
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Mundy55
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Gold Coast

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
      The NT (and NW) have a partial torque converter lockup mode which improves fuel economy. It kicks in under light acceleration in 4th gear (~40-50kph), and 5th gear (60-80kph).
      You'll see the RPM drop from 1500 to about 1250.

They removed this feature in the NX.
      I'm not sure if I have understood the point you are making correctly because my MY16 NX does lock up in 4th and 5th. Not sure of the speed range but my guess would have been about 60+ for 4th and 80+ for 5th. (It also locks up in 1st, 2nd and 3rd at lower rpms).

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X