• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Commodore
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Macarthur Region NSW.

'ScanGauge....etc.'

I've installed and programmed an ScanGauge in my Pajero Sport particularly to monitor Automatic Transmission Fluid temperature.
    I think I've done it correctly but at this stage a bit confused with what the gauge is telling me.
    Not totally confused.
    With the image attached could I please have some feedback as to what I'm looking at.
    Also what is the maximum temperature I should consider alarming when touring?
    For example what is "9999CPK and what are the two temperature figures?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Commodore; 10-10-19, 04:30 PM.
    Regards.....Keith.
  • The Commodore
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Macarthur Region NSW.

ScanGauge Information Please

Ok - so the two temperature figures chase each other but what does this mean?
    Is the 9999CPK related?
    Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• Topaz2
      • Jan 2011
      • Brisbane, Qld

Scan Gauge 2

I have a Scan Gauge 2 on my 2009 NT Pajero.
      CPK is cost per Kl
      Lp is the oxygen sensor open or closed
      ATF is auto trans temp in 'C
      CIA is intake air temperature in 'C
      cheers Kevin
      09 NT VR-X DID, Pearl White, Auto, Factory diff lock, Redarc dual battery controller for Anderson connector for recharging van battery, heavy wire to Pin 2 to run van 3-way fridge/freezer while travelling -Van is a 2010 Franklins X-Factor 2.5 Tonne.

Comment

• The Commodore
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2009
        • Macarthur Region NSW.

Thanks Kevin, in my inexperience with this gauge I was expecting that all these figures were part of the ATF setting particularly when there appeared to be some relevance with the CIA reading varying similarly to the ATF figure.

Obviously I was looking for something that was not there.

Your help is appreciated.

We traded a 2009 NT in for the Sport, both great cars in their own way.
        Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• Toffer
          • Jan 2018
          • Perth WA

Hello, I am curious if you ever got an answer about ATF temperature while towing. I have done several trips towing different caravans behind the 2017 PS. I am using a ScanGauge to monitor the ATF.
          On the most recent trip about 200km, the van is ATM 2600, although I probably only had it loaded to about 2400kg.
          At 100km/h, flat road, 8th gear. the ATF gets to about 89 degrees. 94 when air flow stops.
          On the trip down, we had a bit of a head wind and the ATF want to sit around 96 degrees.
          I dont understand why, but I have found that sitting in 8th with lower revs, the ATF id lower, while the engine can be higher temperature. If I sit in 6th (direct drive), the revs are higher, the engine in cooler (83-86) but the ATF is higher (92 degrees).
          Does anyone know at what ATF temperature I should be concerned about it getting too hot?

Thanks
          Chris

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Toffer View Post
            Hello, I am curious if you ever got an answer about ATF temperature while towing. I have done several trips towing different caravans behind the 2017 PS. I am using a ScanGauge to monitor the ATF.
            On the most recent trip about 200km, the van is ATM 2600, although I probably only had it loaded to about 2400kg.
            At 100km/h, flat road, 8th gear. the ATF gets to about 89 degrees. 94 when air flow stops.
            On the trip down, we had a bit of a head wind and the ATF want to sit around 96 degrees.
            I dont understand why, but I have found that sitting in 8th with lower revs, the ATF id lower, while the engine can be higher temperature. If I sit in 6th (direct drive), the revs are higher, the engine in cooler (83-86) but the ATF is higher (92 degrees).
            Does anyone know at what ATF temperature I should be concerned about it getting too hot?

Thanks
            Chris
            Without knowing exactly where in the system your AT temps are measured, I wouldn't be too concerned about anything below 100 degrees. If you're measuring output of the torque converter (i.e. input to the cooler) then I would start to get worried about 120 degrees. If your transmission throws an over temp code the oil is cooked.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• The Commodore
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2009
              • Macarthur Region NSW.

Toffer-would you believe I did a trip with the 'van on just prior to Christmas in 40 plus deggree ambient temp and because it was a rushed trip and I hadn't done any more research I didn't take note of the readings.

However from memory it was in the 90 degree area but it was a golden oportunity lost.

I was towing the 'van after three walls and the roof had been replaced due to hail damage and only just got it back for a short trip so my mind was elsewhere but now at least armed with information from NJ SWB the next trip will be quite a bit different.
              Thanks Chris .

Actually we were booked into Batemans Bay for this week however the crap weather has put an end to that.

Sorry not much help from me at this stage.

Would the guage hold a memory of the ATF?

Keith.
              Regards.....Keith.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X