• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rishadfromoz
    • Dec 2011
    • Sydney

Reverse Cam Recommendations

Hello,

I am looking for a good reverse camera (possibly including a GPS) which sits on the dash / wind shield for my 2010 NT (no MMCS). I had one previously which would switch to video once reverse was engaged, however, when I entered the car I always had to start the ignition, then switch it on and then go into reverse. This was obviously quite annoying. It was getting power via a USB.

Is there a way for the camera to come on straight away without having to start the device and can anyone make a recommendation on a device?

happy trails,
    Rishadfromoz
  • Grumpian
    • Jan 2018
    • Wimmera

Hi Rishad.

Whilst it was an expensive exercise, I replaced the poor excuse of a head unit in my NT RX with an Android Auto compatible unit with reverse camera input. Threw a cheap $30 ebay camera/number plate light on the back and hooked it up. Works a treat.

Depending on the cost of a decent reverse camera / dedicated display unit you may find it's worth putting the coin into a replacement head unit that can use mapping and audio apps off your phone.
    Silver 2010 NT Pajero RX 3.2L Auto
    Maxxis RAZR AT's on factory alloy 18" rims. Boo's underbody protection 3 piece, Boos rear bumper guard. GME UHF radio, IronMan 2m awning. Sony Android Auto headunit and upgraded speakers. Diff Breathers. Rola Roof Platform. TJM Airtek Snorkel, Powdercoated TJM Bar with Stedi 8.5" Driving Lights. Secondary battery and CTek charger in 3rd row seat well with anderson plug on rear bumper for solar input.

Comment

• Keithyv
      Valued Member
      • May 2018
      • Perth

In my opinion best to ditch the stock head unit and put something decent in and get reversing camera at the same time. Saves having some tacked-on looking thing on the dash just for the reversing camera screen.

See here, my full thread with all the details still yet to come.

2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
      MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X