• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binda
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2013
    • rocky

bluetooth remote GPS unit for andriod

Has anyone seen or heard of such a device. A Bluetooth remote GPS unit for Andriod?

I use my Samsung Galaxy Note10 with OziExplorer and every now and then the GPS goes stupid and loses the signal. I'm fairly sure its getting screwed up with the assisted GPS function which ties into the phone network.
    It works fine almost all day long but around 3-5pm, it gets flakey.

I'm thinking a remote GPS unit will be the go.
    04 NP DiD
    Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive
  • Wicks747
    • Oct 2014
    • Alice Springs

Iv seen similar things for wifi only iPads that had no GPS receiver when people were using them for flying navigation apps. Not sure how they would work with android though.
    Sold 2004 PA Challenger
    Current 2010 XLT Ford Ranger. TJM winch bar, ARB rear bar, Gme uhf, Goodyear Wranglers, dual battery, light force blitz 240s, hard korr lightbar, bushskinz bash plates. Helical torque lock lsd.

Comment

• robdavo
      • Dec 2013
      • Wantirna, Vic

Hi Binda
      I've just tried out my old Navitek bluetooth GPS which I use to connect a PC with, and yes it will connect to an Android device.
      Have just tried it on my Galaxy S4 phone, and initially I could pair the GPS to the phone, but to actually connect, download a suitable app from Google Play. I have used Bluetooth GPS but there are others.
      See this link for a full explanation. http://mapsnmaps.blogspot.com.au/201...-gps-with.html
      Note that to use on mapping software on your Android device that you need to select "Enable mock GPS provider"

Cheers. Rob
      MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Terra Rosa, Rear Storage Drawer and Fridge System, 120Ah Dual Battery, Traxide SC80 Isolator, H/Reece Hitch. Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, LED Running Lights, 80W LED Light Bar, Factory (PB) Nudge Bar. Thule Racks, GME TX3510 CB, Poly Airs, MN Triton 17" wheels. Tinted windows, deflectors and bonnet guard. Headlight protectors.

Comment

• Jack ANT
        • Mar 2012
        • Shoalhaven

Google Garmin GLO Bluetooth GPS. If you think it fits your needs I found Johny Appleseed GPS to be the cheapest place to buy from

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X