Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Offroad 4X4 Accessories

Offroad 4X4 Accessories At Offroad 4X4 Accessories we don't just sell the products, we can also fit them for you

Old 13-03-13

Default My 4X4 and trips

Hi Everyone. I thought I should share with everyone what 4x4 I drive and some of our trips. Sorry for the long post.
I have a 2008 NS Pajero. Its the VRX DID Auto and I have owned this for a couple of years and I love it. The mods so far include Bushskinz underbody protection and sliders, Bullbar, Snorkel, Lightforce 240 blitz, UHF, Piranha dual battery , Custom rear shelf with fridge slide, rear locker, and headrest DVD players in the back for my son on our big trips. I have also change the rims to 17inch and I am running BFG ATs.
The Future mods are long range tank, front diff lock and I am trying to get time to fit my Runva 12000lb winch.
Our trips so far have been-
2011- I had a great year having 2 holidays. The first I got a leave pass from my wife to go to Cape York for 3 weeks. This was a great trip and I met some great people as we were with a group towing camper trailers including a member from here with his very nice NT(Hi Geoff&Vi). This trip I wasn't in my Pajero and I was the recovery man. Then there was our outback QLD,NSW,SA and NT trip. This trip I had my family with me. In this trip we covered over 8000km and it included Innamincka, Cameron corner via the bore track, Strzelecki and Oodnadatta track, Uluru and the plenty hwy. We were going to go through the Simpson but they closed it due to the bush fires. This just means I have to go back.

2012- I went to Cape York again but this time was with my family and I was towing my camper trailer. What can I say but I love the Cape. We had a interesting trip that included smashing our back window on the development rd on the way up. This was before the OTL. We completed the OTL with camper in tow with minimal damage to the Pajero(Just a bit of damage on the rear bumper from Palm Creek and a very small amount of water in the passenger side front from Nolans). Our damage occurred after we went across the ferry when my U-Bolts broke on the camper trailer. The U-Bolts were less then 12 months old and were always checked. After having the U-Bolts checked out it would seem that I did have impact damage and had a small crack. We were only travelling about 70Km/H but when the one with the crack in it let go it just caused the others to twist and in a few seconds camper trailer was written off. Anyway we finished our trip with a borrowed tent and mattress.

2013- This year we are heading to the Simpson in August to complete our trip we planned in 2011. We are planning on doing east/west and then west/seat. I cant wait.

Tim
Old 13-03-13
Valued Member

Hey Tim,

Wow, small world, i wasnt aware you had started a new 4x4 related business. Hope it all goes well for you.

We are doing the Cape again next year, spending longer at places that were more of a highlight. Would be great to catch up again if you get time.

cheers
Geoff
NOW - 2012 Prado Kakadu V6 Auto. Opposite Lock bar, Runva winch, Front locker, Bilstein shocks & 2" Dobbo Coils, Lightforce 240's, Scangauge, Dual Yellowtop batteries with Traxide controller, GME 3440 UHF, Featherlite Awning
Old 13-03-13

Hi Geoff. The 4x4 business is adding on to our Radiator and Air Conditioning workshop. I have 2 other Mechanics there that love four wheel driving so we seem to have gone this way anyway over a period of time but never advertised it.
It would be great to catch up again. Shoot me a PM with your number and we will have to organise a trip.
The Cape is such a great place and there is so much to do and never enough time. We will be back again in a few years to do what your doing and spend more time at those special place.

Tim