• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trueblue
    • Jul 2019
    • AU

3 inch exhaust system

Hi gents thinking about putting a 3 inch exhaust system on my NT has anybody done this and what system did they choose, been looking at a few eBay specials has anyone installed any of these cheaper systems and how was the outcome
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Copy and paste the below link will give you a fair bit of info bud.

pajero nt 3 inch exhaust site:www2.pajeroclub.com.au
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• NT11Pajero
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

I went with a 3inch PPD Performance as it was the cheapest 304 grade stainless steel I could find - about $700 delivered. It deletes the front cat near the turbo and one of the mufflers. Quality of the welds seems fine and it isn't too loud at all, but:
      - there are a bunch of random holes throughout the system they've screwed bolts into to block off. Some of the supplied bolts came loose on mine and I needed to replace with better fitting bolts
      - 1 of the bolts connecting to the turbo was VERY hard to get to. Took me ages slowly turning with a short shifter, which was the only thing that would physically fit
      - the exhaust mount brackets didn't line up in all instances. I had to cut one off as it was poking out randomly under the car. Another one on the muffler doesn't even get close to the factory position.
      - I needed to buy longer exhaust mounts so the end of the exhaust didn't hit against the car

As long as you're happy to do a bit of mucking around these are fine, but if you're after a perfect fit and happy to spend more money, probably go elsewhere.
      Pajero 2011 NT GLS DID Auto. 3" 304 stainless exhaust, dyno tuned (135awkw), EGR block, EGR cooler removed, provent catch can, custom intercooler

Comment

• Scouter1
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2013
        • Sydney NSW

I have had a 3" Beaudesert ACMS system on my NT for over four years without issue https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...1&postcount=16 - not too much louder, seems to breathe better so overall does what it says on the box.

Cheers,
        Stephen
        Last edited by Scouter1; 20-11-19, 01:36 PM. Reason: Typo
        2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• trueblue
          • Jul 2019
          • AU

Cheers boys appreciate it I think I might pay a bit extra and go with the king brown from pacemaker hopefully the extra money will guarantee that the brackets are in the right place.
          Had pacemaker exhaust on my troopy once and it was quite good, power and sound was impressive.

Comment

• Paj11
            • Jun 2017
            • Sydney

Mine is a Turbo back Manta from WA, I think it’s worth about 1800 bucks.
            2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• rotare
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
              Cheers boys appreciate it I think I might pay a bit extra and go with the king brown from pacemaker hopefully the extra money will guarantee that the brackets are in the right place.
              Had pacemaker exhaust on my troopy once and it was quite good, power and sound was impressive.

I've been running a full 3in King Brown system on mine for about 5 years. Fitted it myself and can vouch that the fitment was perfect (and made fitment easy) and the quality of the welds and components are top notch as well. Considering its been on the vehicle for 5 years it still looks in pretty good condition. The paint they use to coat the system actually provides a decent amount of surface protection and has held up well over time. Bit different to some exhaust systems I've seen that appear to just get a thin coat of paint from a rattle can.
              2013 NW VRX

Comment

• trueblue
                • Jul 2019
                • AU

Yeah sweet good to hear I think the way I'm going to go.
                Glad to hear install was setup right.

Comment

• trueblue
                  • Jul 2019
                  • AU

How did you go with your 3in exhaust, I just recently fitted a torqit 3 inch to my NT Pajero, fit perfectly beautiful finish excellent welds also came with a free throttle controller Fathers Day Special couldn't resist, didn't do a great deal for the sound of the vehicle though.

Comment

• no_brainer
                    • Feb 2015
                    • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                    How did you go with your 3in exhaust, I just recently fitted a torqit 3 inch to my NT Pajero, fit perfectly beautiful finish excellent welds also came with a free throttle controller Fathers Day Special couldn't resist, didn't do a great deal for the sound of the vehicle though.

G'day mate
                    How is everything going with the Torqit after nearly 12 months? Looking at getting one for my NW.
                    Torqit is at the top of my list based on reviews, price and from I can see quality.

Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X