• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

The excitement of tomorrow!

How can you beat it? Forecast is pretty good. I've got pretty much everything loaded and ready to go. Hook up the trailer at 0430, out the driveway, fuel up and in the water by 0515 is the plan.

Really, really hope that we get to land something reasonable tomorrow and I can post some photos. Last time the sharks absolutely hammered us. Round two I'm better prepared to beat those buggers! Hoping for 10+kg Spanish macks, bring it on!!!!
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by Alex86 View Post
    How can you beat it? Forecast is pretty good. I've got pretty much everything loaded and ready to go. Hook up the trailer at 0430, out the driveway, fuel up and in the water by 0515 is the plan.

Really, really hope that we get to land something reasonable tomorrow and I can post some photos. Last time the sharks absolutely hammered us. Round two I'm better prepared to beat those buggers! Hoping for 10+kg Spanish macks, bring it on!!!!
    can't wait to see the pics

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Alex86
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Here and there

Sorry gonna have to wait a bit longer. Had a crap night sleep and have decided to can this trip... Sucks but ah well, there'll be another day.
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Sorry gonna have to wait a bit longer. Had a crap night sleep and have decided to can this trip... Sucks but ah well, there'll be another day.
        Harden up mate. Every night before a fishing trip I don't sleep. Too keyed up to get on the water........
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• GHendo
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Northern NSW

Maybe we got a little over excited

Cheers

Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• HarryStottle
            • Dec 2011
            • Yalata SA

Hey Alex, I spent last year on Groote Eylandt and also spent a lot of time on the water chasing Spaniards and GT's. Halco 180mm Redheads are the go trolling around bombies. Must be great fishing up your way ATM. Also a lot of fun flicking soft plastics in tuna schools and letting them sink for 5-10 seconds before slow jerking retrieve. Got this one about this time last year.
            Attached Files
            2012 NW Activ auto 3.2 Diesel, ARB Steel Bullbar, 50mm Raised OME, Polyairs, LED Spots, Light Bar, Warn winch, GME UHF, Baroud Tent, ARB Side & Rear Awnings, Engel 40ltr Fridge, drawers, dual battery, ARB Dual Compressor, Ultragauge, Munji ERG Delete Module, MM LockUp Mate.

Comment

• Alex86
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Here and there

Nice fish!

Yeah the redheads do relatively well but I haven't had the success others have had on them. I forget the name off the top of my head but the purple one and the pilchard one has worked very well up here too. Got this crazy multicolour Rapala that I am keen to try.

My lure collection isn't amazing but it has definitely grown. Sometimes one sort will get smashed for the first half hour then it runs cold, swap out with a different one and you end up getting strikes again. Damn fish I wish they were easier to catch!

It's entertaining when you have two or three different lures hanging off the back and they all get hit at the same time!

Comment

• dolphin
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2008

the fishing days of using bait to catch has just about gone, lures are now the go. example of my sons lure fishing catches; Kingfish / Cobia /Tuna / Bonito / Mackeral / Tailor /Dolphin fish / Jewfish / Sweetlip / Snapper / Coral Trout / Flathead / Bream/ Mangrove Jack and more i can,t remember. no bait all different lure types.
                NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• HarryStottle
                  • Dec 2011
                  • Yalata SA

I found that staggering a couple of lures with one in short just behind the engine wash worked well. Also, with regard to the sharks, if the fish jump out of the water, especially spaniards, there is a shark after it, so wind up the drag and crank. Also, seeing as how you are crimping your own wire traces, make them 600-700mm long and you will keep a lot more of your lures. The sharks hit them in the head and often end up with a shark on while his mates eat your fish. Is fun getting them in and more fun getting the lure off the shark, but at the price of the lures is worth it.
                  2012 NW Activ auto 3.2 Diesel, ARB Steel Bullbar, 50mm Raised OME, Polyairs, LED Spots, Light Bar, Warn winch, GME UHF, Baroud Tent, ARB Side & Rear Awnings, Engel 40ltr Fridge, drawers, dual battery, ARB Dual Compressor, Ultragauge, Munji ERG Delete Module, MM LockUp Mate.

Comment

• Alex86
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Here and there

Oh yeah definitely stagger the lures, and I've had reasonable success keeping one in close, 10m or so off the back of the boat in the wash.

Haven't measured but my wire is probably at least 500mm.

Fighting sharks is good fun if nothing else is going on, otherwise it's just a waste of time I'm not too fussed about catching them.
                    Spaniards are fun though!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X