• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Genuine MM / Milford Cargo Barrier in NS - NX... Tilt Angle when Installed

Anybody here who have installed a Milford / Genuine MM Cargo Barrier and regretted it when they realised how much it slopes back?

I have a cargo barrier in my NP and it kinks at the top to go straight up, but the NS - NX version is straight to accommodate the side airbags and thus is angled back quite a bit.

Would like to hear some first hand experience about regrets or whether it doesn't make much difference.
  • Glenno
    • Feb 2009
    • Melbourne

Hi Heavy Pizzaz,

Have the genuine Mitsubishi cargo barrier in place in my 2016 NX GLS and the roof mounting system is not as good what I had with a Milford one which I had on my NP. The barrier also rests hard against the rear seats so tend to move them to a more upright position to stop damaging the material of the rear seats. The perspec panels are also a pain so just remove them imo. Had mine set up for 2 positions so that I can place directly behind the drivers seat when I go camping so I can maximise carrying capacity in safe way. Will have to put my NP barrier up on the market place rather than have it gathering dust in the trailer.

Cheers

Glenno

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

Originally posted by Glenno View Post
      Hi Heavy Pizzaz,

Have the genuine Mitsubishi cargo barrier in place in my 2016 NX GLS and the roof mounting system is not as good what I had with a Milford one which I had on my NP. The barrier also rests hard against the rear seats so tend to move them to a more upright position to stop damaging the material of the rear seats. The perspec panels are also a pain so just remove them imo. Had mine set up for 2 positions so that I can place directly behind the drivers seat when I go camping so I can maximise carrying capacity in safe way. Will have to put my NP barrier up on the market place rather than have it gathering dust in the trailer.

Cheers

Glenno

Thanks for the reply mate I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• cheezel
        • Aug 2018
        • Victoria

Hi Heavy Pizzaz,

Cheers

Glenno
        Hey Glenno,

Silly question perhaps, but given you have both barriers on hand... would a NS/NP barrier fit into a NW/NX vehicle (with custom brackets etc)?

I'm contemplating buying a NP barrier and making it fit into my NW, but I've no idea if that's a waste of time or not.
        - if it is, I suspect I'll buy an autosafe branded one...

Comments/thoughts welcome and appreciated.

Cheers, Chris.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Glenno
          • Feb 2009
          • Melbourne

Hi Cheezel

Will check both barriers at the weekend and really the interior setup between the NP and NX has not really changed so on reflection I am sure I could have installed the NP barrier into the NX. Will try and fit my NP barrier into the NX and will post the result.

Cheers

Glenno

Comment

• cheezel
            • Aug 2018
            • Victoria

Hi Cheezel

Will check both barriers at the weekend and really the interior setup between the NP and NX has not really changed so on reflection I am sure I could have installed the NP barrier into the NX. Will try and fit my NP barrier into the NX and will post the result.

Cheers

Glenno
            Awesome, super appreciated [emoji106]

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
              Valued Member
              • May 2017
              • Sydney

It's something to do with clearance from the side curtain airbags in the rear is why the nx nw barrier slopes back and reduces boot space compared to Np etc or so I've heard

Comment

• cheezel
                • Aug 2018
                • Victoria

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
                It's something to do with clearance from the side curtain airbags in the rear is why the nx nw barrier slopes back and reduces boot space compared to Np etc or so I've heard

Interesting that genuine/milford do this but autosafe not? I just dropped my roof lining for roofrack install (other week) and the curtain airbags are above the window and the pillar..? Unsure what curtain airbag looks like when deployed, if barrier would restrict this... #dunno [emoji854]20180924_083816.jpg20180924_083810.jpg

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X