X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aspey
    • Dec 2015
    • Great Southern Land

That sucks, optimas seemed a bit hit and miss from feedback on the forums when I was trying to decide what to get recently.
    NP VRX DID

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Thats a pain in the butt. I looked at Optima but like has been said....hit and miss. Hopefully covered by warranty.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Well its not an electrical issue, I can guarantee that. Battery was tested. 750CCA as standard, battery was only delivering 54cca, so well fubar.

Thanks to Supercheap, battery replaced under warranty, and for an additional fee, the d34 is now a d27f. The latter fits the paj much better due to terminal orientation.

As for wet cells, all I do is kill them. One rough trip and a month later the plates have smashed to bits and short out.

Mind you, it hasn't been a good introduction to optima I must say.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2013
          • Sydney

Good to hear you've managed to change over to the D27F 'caver. It seems wishes do come true just happened to be at an inconvienient time.
          NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• sharkcaver
            "2000"+ Valued Contributor
            • May 2009
            • Perth

well, I must say I'm a bit worried. Since my failure, now all the stories come out of the woodwork of how many optima failures there really are. Oh well, I guess I still have 2.5 years of warranty left.
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• craka
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Newcastle (Newie)

I hope I'm not hijacking I'm this thread.

I'm in the hunt for a new starter battery. The exide that I put in no more than 2.5 years ago is kaput. holding 10.7V that's it, alternator supplying at 13.5volts.
              For the last 12months the pajero only gets used on weekends as I have a work vehicle, weekends runs are always around 30kms.

Seems battery preferences are varied.
              NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X