• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chillipepperz
    • Feb 2017
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by CaptJimmy View Post
    I'd be interested to hear if you've got any further info or comments on these, they seem like a steal and I'm currently hunting for some lights to adorn the new NX

Cheers
    I have just installed a set of the 9" Illuminators on my Challenger. I also bought the wiring loom. The package also came with free spread beam covers and free postage for $180. Good value IMO.

So I wired them up (easy with the loom but some cutting and shortening may be needed for a neat fit) and headed out for a drive. OMG these are very, very bright! We live in the Adelaide Hills with quite a number of straight gravel roads. Spotting the roos around here is no problem now. The only problem is the low beam. Dropping to low beam is like lighting a candle. I may look into an upgrade at some stage.

Having previously had Narva Ultima 220's x 3, 7" eBay LEDS and a 20" LED light bar on a previous car these lights beat them all hands down. The mounts also seem very solid. Overall I am happy with my investment.

Cheers!
    Andrew
    2014 Challenger: Factory tow bar | Factory alloy bullbar | Kings LED’s | Window tint | Kumho Mt-51's | Munji EGR Delete | Provent 200 | Redarc Towpro | UHF in dash| Custom rear drawers and fridge slide | 130AH rear AGM battery | Aldi roof bars and Kings awning | Kings Springs KCFR55T front KCRR23 rear and Bilstein shocks. Soon: guards.

Comment

• Exceeded
      • Feb 2017
      • Newcastle/NSW

I went with one of these type of piggy back fuse holders to get the switch wire. so much easier than getting it from the light.

Comment

• Exceeded
        • Feb 2017
        • Newcastle/NSW

From all my dealings with LED lighting people, the wattage they claim is theoretical wattage, insomuch as they multiply the wattage of the led with the number of LEDs. The issue is that very few of the LEDs if any, run at max power so the only way to get a true reading on the light is put a meter in series and measure the draw. Unfortunately I cannot read what the meter says in the pics posted.35*5w would be 175w which is considerable. I have had lights bars claiming to be a couple of hundred watts and when I tested them they were around 30w. Enough of this theoretical wattage bs me thinks. What do they really draw.

Comment

• Amok
          • Dec 2016
          • Sydney

Ive had the 7inch versions on my car for about a year now, only use them occasionally but they work fine. Been offroad a few times with many bumps and corrugations and they haven’t loosened at all. Decent value.
          MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

• Bim05
            • Dec 2017
            • Qld

I can vouch for 9" Illuminators - I had a set on my 'cruiser for 2yrs and they are fantastic. I've just installed my second set on my 2011 Pajero replacing the Ironman 4x4 spotties that were on it when I bought it a few months ago. Installed another set on my son's Prado last week too. Like the posts above, the light output is like daylight compared with far more expensive units. Did two trips Brisbane-Bathurst with night stints, and certainly feel more confident of the road ahead with these on. Can't beat the price either! No affiliation with 4WDSupacentre either BTW :-)
            There's no bad beer - it's just that some are better than others

2011 Pajero VR-X 3.2L Diesel, IronMan4x4 Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Polyair bags, Illuminator 9" Spotties, Full ARB Bar, Roo Systems ECU Mapping

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X